study for physics (2 Viewers)

silent bob

I believe in "Love is the mask the devil wears when he comes to take your heart and soul" Might be a bit off track tho...

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by Ace-Pilot
Well does any one believe in the saying "No mater how good you are there is always some one out der better than you."
And that "someone" is often VERY VERY far away...?

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Originally posted by Ace-Pilot
Well does any one believe in the saying "No mater how good you are there is always some one out der better than you."
Yep, except in contrary to spice girl, that person is much closer than "VERY VERY far away"... :D

I'm good friends with the twin sisters. :p Well, at least I hope I am... who knows what they think of me... :rolleyes: ?

:spam:

(to finish the other sentence, trying to be good friends with real excllence and humility.)

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Originally posted by spice girl
can someone define "excellence"?
Hmmm... which 'excellence' do you need...?
I think the quote's talking about how a person could surpass all his/her comrades in something (or everything).

Standard dictionary definition. Or you could use superiority.

Will

HSC
N/A
oh come on, you should know
excellence is our school motto
well, "pursuit of excellence"

in such context i see excellence as
the betterment of oneself through the upkeep of human endeavours; progress

my point is that, excelling is not about being better than others, beating others or whatever - it's about bettering yourself, for all humanity to pursue the collective goal of progress.

just think
"No mater how good you are there is always some one out der better than you."
is a rather whimsical and self-serving saying to believe in

spice girl

magic mirror
hahaha...anyways i just asked that because i reckon it's a cliche term - it's overused and not well understood. So in almost all the schools they say they aim for "excellence", which is basically saying nothing much.

But, lets bring economics into this. Without external competition, can there be improvement, development and progress? We rely on our comparison against others, as a kind of feedback and encouragement to do better. Of course "self-motivation" is all very good, but a big part of it IS about actively seeking goals, which are based on what others have achieved.

Talking in general terms again...o well. A specific example: what sort of results is Ruse aiming for this year?

Will

HSC
N/A
...my cat's breath smells like cat food

silent bob

hehehe yeah, and i bet you bent your wookie, n ate all the glue, n saw principal skinner n mrs krebaple in the closet and they were makin babies and one of the babies winked at you....DAMN IT! simpsons should have more physics! i would do so good!!

josie_is_slut

ALL OF YOUS HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO STUDY

U KNOW A SCANNER WORKS?, HOW U CAN SCAN ANY INFORMATION INTO A COMPUTER, AND THE COMPUTER STORES THAT INFORMATION OF U, ......U CAN DO THE SAME THING, GET A SCANNER, THAT U CAN CONNECT UP TO UR BRAIN, AND SCAN EVERY PAGE OF THE TEXTBOOK INTO UR BRAIN, USING THE BRAIN SCANNER, THAT SAVES A LOT OF TIME AND HARDWORK, AND U EASILY MEMORISE IT, THATS THE BEST WAY TO CRAM, ITS CALLED A BRAIN SCANNER, I INVENTED IT MYSELF, HONESTLY, ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD, FORGET STUDYING, UR AN IDIOT IF U DO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)