Study guides and textbooks for 4U? (1 Viewer)

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
I'm currently using the Cambridge one, and I know the authors of the textbook so I can get my hands on worked solutions and stuff... And my teacher uses the Terry Lee one during class, but I was wondering what everyone else is using?

Also, I'll probably want to start looking at Excel study guides and stuff but didn't really know which one would be the best :/

QZP

HSC
Cambridge + T. Lee (what you already are using) is already enough...

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Cambridge + T. Lee (what you already are using) is already enough...
Really? I feel like the questions are good but they're either too easy or too hard and there's no middle ground. But thanks, I was worried that I should have more :)

tashe

HSC
N/A
I'm currently using the Cambridge one, and I know the authors of the textbook so I can get my hands on worked solutions and stuff
There's actually a thread with the solutions attached somewhere.

Really? I feel like the questions are good but they're either too easy or too hard and there's no middle ground. But thanks, I was worried that I should have more :)
If you want something in-between, try Fitzpatrick.

QZP

HSC
Is Cambridge below Fitzpatrick in terms of difficulty? I thought the questions in the latter were terribly easy

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I used only and solely Terry lee and past papers (I bought Cambridge but never used it lol).

Got an 88. Can't complain.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Sydney Grammar Cambridge/class worksheets
Have yet to look at Patel and terry lee haha
But also doing past papers :)

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Is Cambridge below Fitzpatrick in terms of difficulty? I thought the questions in the latter were terribly easy
I've been told that Cambridge is relatively harder... but it may just seem that way because it skips all the bs and goes straight to the hard stuff

braintic

HSC
N/A
I've been told that Cambridge is relatively harder... but it may just seem that way because it skips all the bs and goes straight to the hard stuff
I wouldn't call the easier stuff BS. You need to practise the essentials before attempting the more rigorous questions.
Fitzpatrick is pretty easy for the most part, so you could use Fitz to practise the basics and Cambridge to practise the harder questions.
But if you can get your hands on the new Pender (its not published yet, but I believe you can buy digital copies straight from the authors), that is probably the best.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
But if you can get your hands on the new Pender (its not published yet, but I believe you can buy digital copies straight from the authors), that is probably the best.
What are you referring to exactly by this? The incomplete MX2 textbook by Pender?

jenslekman

HSC
Fitz has a good mix of questions that are not put in any order of difficulty so when you do a new question you won't know what to expect. It has a lot of middle ground and harder questions but for challenging HSC-type questions look through some school trial/past hSC papers.

Novotni

HSC
Checkout ebay, selling cambridge and fitzpatrick solutions for $50 each, PDF versions too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)