Study guides? (1 Viewer)

HSC
What are some good study guided textbooks for the following?
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Mathematics, Ext.1 and 2
Advanced English

?

And also how many hours are people starting to study for year 12, plus what are they doing for study?

Dan895

HSC
Uni Grad
I have used the excel study guides for year 11, and I have them for physics and MX2 at the moment I may get more (not sure though). But my logic goes like this, the more traditional textbooks like conquering chem, jacaranda for physics are better because the info is better but also it is NOT layed out exactly to the dot points which I think makes you look harder for your summaries and hence more information is retained in your mind.
Oh and I'm doing about 2 hours study a night I'm aming for consistancy instead of doing marathons of study and getting burnt out, but as it going on more I'll do more study and it will be eaiser to do.

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Biology = Cambridge Checkpoints. I find it very useful for practicing your key terms and essential knowledge and it's great when you're testing your knowledge on the syllabus.

Adv Eng = (Depending on what you are doing) For the Speeches I have Top Notes: Speeches. Gives a super in depth analysis on everything to do with all the Aus. speeches. Provides a list of rhetoric, how to study for Mod B, and other useful pages about speeches etc. for when you're writing essays etc.

There's lots of books on Belonging, but the one I have is Nelson Belonging. IMO it has the best layout and provides lists on what BoS markers are looking for. Overall is a great all round book for Belonging.

-------------

Despite setting a study timetable, I've been busy or had something come up in the way of the plan. But by Monday next week I should be perfectly settled in for 2hrs + a night. 2 is good, and if I have more time then obviously I'll study longer and include more subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)