Study Hours? (1 Viewer)

nichola5

HSC
Interested to know how many hours people are maxing out per day/ per week?

What is a suitable amount in order to achieve a high ATAR?

Examine

same
HSC
I'm trying to get at least 3 hours each day now (I study objective based though I try do at least that amount of hours)

madharris

HSC
N/A
What do you consider a high atar?

And also, people are all different, and need to study different amounts of time into order to learn the same thing
What works for one person may not necessarily work for you, therefore you need to find out what is a suitable amount of study for you that allows you to achieve a mark that reflects your potential but not burn out!
You also need to consider what effective studying is! An example is: It's no use reading something over and over again, if you just can't understand it! If you're getting frustrated and such, then move on and go back to it later and try again

enoilgam

HSC
What is a suitable amount in order to achieve a high ATAR?
It depends on what you classify as being a "high ATAR". Plus, every person is different, so it varies from person to person. Irrespective though, you will find that the vast majority of high achievers study towards objectives, as opposed to a time.

darkfenrir

HSC
I do 1hr of phys, 1hr of chem, 1 hr of MX1, and 1hr of MX2 each night.

Thats roughly speaking, I judge tasks by length to be an hour and usually am right within 5 minutes. And yes you read correct, I dont do english on a regular basis. I rote essays n creatives the night before lol.

They say for 99.95 it is best to do 4hrs a weekday and iirc 10 each weekend day, with over half that time on english. Ive heard literally 5 or more 99.95'ers tell me that english takes up over half their time.

So for an ATAR in the 90's I am guessing 90-120 mins a night would do it, 99+ is about 3 hrs perhaps, idk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)