Study Journal for an ATAR of 99.95 (1 Viewer)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
nek minnit burn out lol
Fawun, burnout is a lame excuse for the weak. Get back in your basement. But srsly, burn out is a complete myth.

If you state rank I will shout you a frozen sprite.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Fawun, burnout is a lame excuse for the weak. Get back in your basement. But srsly, burn out is a complete myth.

If you state rank I will shout you a frozen sprite.
mate. I am not putting in so much effort to state rank and get a frozen sprite that I can go buy myself for like $1

I don't even like frozen sprite i like frozen coke and that costs me $1 at maccas

Thief

!!
HSC
Good luck with keeping up the momentum all year!

Even just doing 10mins a day per subject (or even just 10mins a day) over these holidays will add up pretty quickly, so don't stress out if you feel like you're not doing enough. The key to a high atar is consistency more than anything, imo.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
brb crying because I am not naturally smart enough to be able to go out every single day and manage to get 99.95
mfw not even going for 99.95

Fawun I believe in you.

gahyunkk

HSC
Good luck :) im motivated to make my one for this holidays thx

williamdaft

HSC
Btw how are u studying 4u maths?:(
Just do questions that challenge you in Cambridge/Terry Lee...
And best way to study for 4u trials and HSC, just do as many past papers as you can!!!

Ps. Aero2146, goodluck on your goal, your plan's looking good (Y)

aero2146

HSC
Does anyone know any good way of killing procrastination?

williamdaft

HSC
I had a lot of trouble handling this, I still do and probs will do so in uni...

I try my best to visualise my goals and believing in them. I tell myself, "You can do it!! Do an hour of 4u and reward yourself a cookie" and sometimes I can manage that. I stick a poster up my wall that reads UNSW and ATAR>90 as motivation. Everytime I see the poster, I imagine myself walking down UNSW's fab paths and beautiful architecture.. and that keeps me going. Now, I've done it :)
Get rid of all your distractions, holy crap.. this was the hardest thing! Don't study on your table next to your computer.. I ended up on my pc watching anime, Youtubing or Fbing the whole night till 3am.. then I'm like.. "Fuck! Gotta wake up nek morning at 7am for damn morning 4u sesh and haven't even done my HW" <== worst case scenario lol. Sometimes, I go to the library after school to revise my notes or do maths as I feel more motivated in the environment where pretty much everyone's studying. Then I feel good when I walk home and listen to my music knowing that I studied a solid 2 hours or something.
When studying at home, try to turn your phone off, and study in a different room, look at your personal motivational poster, set yourself a mini reward for each hour of study. Also try study in different environments, I read my Economics notes in the park, on my bed, on the bus, while walking around the house reading aloud pissing off my parents (but effective :haha:) and also during assembly (that was a totes waste of time, I was so bored a few times, I actually sneaked and read over an essay during all the bull)
Learn how to control your usage of the internet.. I still have to learn that. Don't let it take over everything :p
Listening to music sometimes helps especially for maths (soft acoustic helped me for 4u)
Sometimes, the hardest part is the start, so when you start to do a question for a few minutes, it becomes easier and you're more willing to continue until you feel a bit tired then get a good break and feel proud.
Be sure not to work too much on the other hand. Gotta have a balanced lifestyle. So, I study, procrastinate a bit - control dat damn fb youtube etc., play bball, hang with friends occasionally, eat healthy, good quality sleep, play piano, have a walk in the park, etc.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
From personal experience, I think if you're willing to give yourself adequate breaks and effectively practice self-control, it's probably the first step of curbing terrible procrastination habits. Everyone's different and works differently, so I can probably only give you generic advice like, practice self-control and try and stay focused (horrible I know)

But if you give me better examples of what kind of procrastination problems you have, I'll try and give you some better and less shitty advice

claudiaxoprya

HSC
Sounds super intense, i thought my load of work was going to be a bitch.
Go for gold, son.

aero2146

HSC
I had a lot of trouble handling this, I still do and probs will do so in uni...

I try my best to visualise my goals and believing in them. I tell myself, "You can do it!! Do an hour of 4u and reward yourself a cookie" and sometimes I can manage that. I stick a poster up my wall that reads UNSW and ATAR>90 as motivation. Everytime I see the poster, I imagine myself walking down UNSW's fab paths and beautiful architecture.. and that keeps me going. Now, I've done it :)
Get rid of all your distractions, holy crap.. this was the hardest thing! Don't study on your table next to your computer.. I ended up on my pc watching anime, Youtubing or Fbing the whole night till 3am.. then I'm like.. "Fuck! Gotta wake up nek morning at 7am for damn morning 4u sesh and haven't even done my HW" <== worst case scenario lol. Sometimes, I go to the library after school to revise my notes or do maths as I feel more motivated in the environment where pretty much everyone's studying. Then I feel good when I walk home and listen to my music knowing that I studied a solid 2 hours or something.
When studying at home, try to turn your phone off, and study in a different room, look at your personal motivational poster, set yourself a mini reward for each hour of study. Also try study in different environments, I read my Economics notes in the park, on my bed, on the bus, while walking around the house reading aloud pissing off my parents (but effective :haha:) and also during assembly (that was a totes waste of time, I was so bored a few times, I actually sneaked and read over an essay during all the bull)
Learn how to control your usage of the internet.. I still have to learn that. Don't let it take over everything :p
Listening to music sometimes helps especially for maths (soft acoustic helped me for 4u)
Sometimes, the hardest part is the start, so when you start to do a question for a few minutes, it becomes easier and you're more willing to continue until you feel a bit tired then get a good break and feel proud.
Be sure not to work too much on the other hand. Gotta have a balanced lifestyle. So, I study, procrastinate a bit - control dat damn fb youtube etc., play bball, hang with friends occasionally, eat healthy, good quality sleep, play piano, have a walk in the park, etc.
Thanks for the great advice, would try that :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)