Study patterns (1 Viewer)

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
have you changed your study patterns? drastic changes or minor changes? how about in class, any changes?

I've just started reading over my day's work and all. I've started to take notes in class, and im pretty much on the net for school-related stuff now haha.

decadentDee

HSC
Yeah, that's basically what I'm doing. Reading over notes I've made in class, revising stuff etc.

Consistency is the key, I've heard

=D

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Cramming is pointless.
10 weeks in 4 terms of HSC study is plenty of time.
You will be likely to place that information in your short term memory only and then when you attempt to recall that information it is lost somewhere.
Also, you can't learn how to solve maths problems by learning the method in the last minute.

Impractical.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Cramming is pointless.
10 weeks in 4 terms of HSC study is plenty of time.
You will be likely to place that information in your short term memory only and then when you attempt to recall that information it is lost somewhere.
Also, you can't learn how to solve maths problems by learning the method in the last minute.

Impractical.
Yeah, +1. I didn't study at all for the whole year 11 in math and consequently got 40-50% as a result. When Yearlies came around, I crammed for a week and a half prior to the exam (several all nighters) and managed 80%. I definitely would have a better mark if I was consistent all year round. Although, cramming saved my ass that time... nonetheless, it was highly silly of me to risk it and I vow never to do that again.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
study consistently. Re-read your notes daily and stuff. Do Maths everyday.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I've assigned myself 90 minutes per day, of 45 minute halves to break it up with a 15 minute break in between. Yes, if I need more time I will also do two extra 15 minute periods separated by a short break in between =P

Seriously though, that's my plan but it's early days. I haven't done any HSC Physics or HSC Maths work yet, we're still finishing off Prelim. So really, I'm getting around... 15-30 minutes per day just doing homework and typing the 'SuperNotes' and revising what I did for the day. I plan to get up to 90, especially after I get my new Maths stuff.

ademayd

HSC
IMO you can cram everything but mathematics. For the other subjects Band 5 is more than possible with an effective cram, though Band 6 may be pushing it.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
which is why I think I will dedicate more time to Maths than any other subject

conch575

HSC
I actually do my homework now, I have started making notes on my dot points and browsing the textbooks. I make notes in class and use my Study periods to actually study! I also revise everything I did in the past week on Saturdays after I finish work.

I need to start going to the library to study after school though, but I'll start that when we start getting more work.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I actually do my homework now, I have started making notes on my dot points and browsing the textbooks. I make notes in class and use my Study periods to actually study! I also revise everything I did in the past week on Saturdays after I finish work.

I need to start going to the library to study after school though, but I'll start that when we start getting more work.
I cbb with homework.
We get so many 'surfing sheets' in biology, so time consuming and pointless!

I made a timetable for myself...

After school=gym, to break up the monotony of study with exercise,
Then 2 hours of any assignments, and if none, then read or something,
Then 2 hours of one subject, and an hour of another, with breaks in between.

I aim at the moment to study each subject for 3 hours a week.

So far I haven't been doing that much because I haven't had enough to do XD
I'll be wishing it were the same in 3 terms time....

0bs3n3

HSC
Dude how can you manage to study? Unless study includes general homework and finishing off classwork...I have like 4 hours of homework alone a night, I don't know how it takes so long...I really don't procrastinate much and there isn't much work to do.

Nyxie

HSC
i've just started year 12 as being really consistent with studying. I use all my study periods, and after school I come home and go over everything I did that day.

It's going well so far- but I've got four major works for year 12- so I'll be doing them constantly through the summer holidays and through next year ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)