study tips + motivation <3 (1 Viewer)

HSC
So what is the best way to prepare for english? I was reading the start of this thread and I am a bit confused on the themes/topics I center my paragraphs around I aim to memorise.

Hiheyhello

HSC
So what is the best way to prepare for english? I was reading the start of this thread and I am a bit confused on the themes/topics I center my paragraphs around I aim to memorise.
if it's mod b, then you essentially want to write paragraphs for as many themes as you can - i personally didn't do this for my internals, i chose 3 and was lucky that they suited the question - however for trials, or atleast hsc, it would honestly be fool-proof if you knew paragraphs for all of the main themes (that's what i'm doing) - i've heard that tip from a past state ranker

for common mod you should be able to get away with only knowing 3 in depth because the questions are more generic

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
All the real-time tips that were given in the original post as well as those you guys have given to each other really show your readiness to push yourselves to the limit and the mentality with which you are planning to approach your studies and the trial exams themselves is really promising. Your efforts will certainly not go in vain! :D

Study Hard GIFs | Tenor

DarkOperator618

HSC
anyone got any tips to improve writing speed while the writing looks alright?

my last English assessment looked like a doctors handwriting with the speed I wrote at

DarkOperator618

HSC
All the real-time tips that were given in the original post as well as those you guys have given to each other really show your readiness to push yourselves to the limit and the mentality with which you are planning to approach your studies and the trial exams themselves is really promising. Your efforts will certainly not go in vain! :D

Study Hard GIFs | Tenor
words cannot express how much study I finna get done in the holidays

@jimmysmith560 my math rank somehow improved lmfao

#26MysteryMarker

HSC

my last English assessment looked like a doctors handwriting with the speed I wrote at
1. Do NOT type. Laptops/Ipads are convenient but will slow you down in the long run. WRITE ON PAPER when grinding at home. I improved my writing speed during tests significantly through this.

2. My Eng teacher joked about adding weights to your pen/pencil while practising at home. Now idk if this actually works, but maybe give it a shot lmao.

Hiheyhello

HSC

honestly same....
just practice writing as much as you can and invest in a really inky gel pen - i find this minimises hand cramps so you can maintain speed for longer

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC

I guess change your pen and write more to practice, or change your pen grip. I used a really weird pen grip and pressed hard so I could only get like 800 words for each english essay (just an approximation).

DarkOperator618

HSC
I guess change your pen and write more to practice, or change your pen grip. I used a really weird pen grip and pressed hard so I could only get like 800 words for each english essay (just an approximation).
what pen do u use?

I'm a bic guy

DarkOperator618

HSC
whats everyone been up to SO FAR? :D
not bad, been able to follow my timetable for the most patt

btw, does anyone know how to stop losing focus while studying? I literally block all distractions and yet my mind seems to wonder

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
not bad, been able to follow my timetable for the most patt

btw, does anyone know how to stop losing focus while studying? I literally block all distractions and yet my mind seems to wonder
thats normal if you're getting the hang of a studying routine (not assuming you are) or adjusting to a new routine. You can't immediately get in the "flow" or "zone" (for a lack of a better term) unless you have been regularly practicing a routine regularly. I put some music on to try to mitigate thinking about random things while studying and it helped making progress early on, after I was confident that I could sit down and study properly I removed the music and just studied. From my experience, the best way is just keep on trying to study and stick to a regular routine so your in a way conditioned to be focused at certain periods of the day.

I think when you try to study for really long periods at first your mind does lose track because it is tedious at first so if you are trying to study for 3 hours straight or smthn like that, try shortening your study periods or use the pomodoro technique to build up stamina until you've gotten the hang of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)