• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

study (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
What do u mean extra work than what's asked?...
well, u know how they set u homework - then if u just did that, and understand the lectures- would that b enuf?

what i meant by extra work is things u do without being asked by the tutors: eg. making your own notes, practicing past papers, etc.

so in short: if u did all the work that they give u- would that b enuf to get distinction?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by freaking_out
well, u know how they set u homework - then if u just did that, and understand the lectures- would that b enuf?

what i meant by extra work is things u do without being asked by the tutors: eg. making your own notes, practicing past papers, etc.

so in short: if u did all the work that they give u- would that b enuf to get distinction?
well obviously you'd have to figure this out for yourself - just the like HSC...some ppl can get good marks by just understanding stuff, and some ppl get good marks by writing copious amounts of notes etc etc
so you do what you think is right for you...for me, I dont think I could get HD"s without making notes and practicing papers

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
and another thing (i'm sorry if this was answered somewhere) how much hours do u reckon that i shuld set aside for study (including doing assessments and stuff) - especially since i might b doing part time work- i will need to know roughly how much to set aside. :)

bex

HSC
For one of my subjects they recommended that on top of lecture and tute times, as well as doing the prescribed readings and prep for tutorials, each student should do an added 7 HOURS of study for that subject PER WEEK... pffffft yeah right! I did only what was required of me, hardly read my text book until 2 weeks before exams and came up with a distinction... im not complaining!

then i had one subject where it was all group work- we worked our asses off for 10hours a week over say 3- 4 days just to get the workshop prep done and i only ended up with a pass!
BAH!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i heard that they tell you you should do 3X the amount of work at home as you do at uni...so for a course that gives you 20hrs a week, they expect you do to a further 60 hrs at home...but i think thats just bullshit, i mean, who has that much time?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
i heard that they tell you you should do 3X the amount of work at home as you do at uni...so for a course that gives you 20hrs a week, they expect you do to a further 60 hrs at home...but i think thats just bullshit, i mean, who has that much time?
LoL, 60 hrs what the hell?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
I have heard that you should at least match the hours you do at uni at home...eg i have 22 hour week at uni .: i should study 22 hours at home...but that didnt happen last year, and probably wont happen this year either :p

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by evilc
I have heard that you should at least match the hours you do at uni at home...eg i have 22 hour week at uni .: i should study 22 hours at home...but that didnt happen last year, and probably wont happen this year either :p
yeah, 22 hours was like more than what i did for the hsc. :D

santaslayer

HSC
it just really depends on the person ......sum people study 24/7 to get good marks, sum people dont even need to do an eighth of that time and get the same result

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
it just really depends on the person ......sum people study 24/7 to get good marks, sum people dont even need to do an eighth of that time and get the same result
well i wanna know in average! :rolleyes:

santaslayer

HSC
so majesty.....ur da bludgy type!.....everyone dont listen to a word majesty says..his a BLUDGER!

(not in this forum anyway)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by evilc
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
i think all the unis say different things. macquarie says 3hrs per credit point of work, lectures etc included

Originally posted by Majesty
If you go to all your classes/tutorials/practicals whatever you really shouldnt have to do any work out side of university.
hmmmm i dont believe you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)