• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

study (1 Viewer)

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by Majesty
No with a 90+ UAI you have to be smart.
I only got 84 during my time, although i did some severe bludging too. :D
Hahaha A bludger, I like your type, reminds me of well, me:p anyways I'll most likey to 0-12 at home per week for uni,;)

Ribbon

I was told by a 5th year arts/law at ANU that you were expected to do 2 hours at home for every hour at uni, so your course would be around 40 hours work a week (based on 10 - 15 contact hours)

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Snapwizard
Hahaha A bludger, I like your type, reminds me of well, me:p anyways I'll most likey to 0-12 at home per week for uni,;)
Honestly the only thing you'd really be doing is tutorial work and assignments.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
i think all the unis say different things. macquarie says 3hrs per credit point of work, lectures etc included
They both go to the same University:D.

Personally, I will be doing as much study/work as much as I possibly can in order to aim at a distinction average:).

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
yep, go the D average ambitions from us wanting to transfer!!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
yep, go the D average ambitions from us wanting to transfer!!
Yeah, I am felling so ready to get into working hard for some reason. I had no motivation in the HSC but now I so ready. I think it is just because I have set myself a goal:D.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
same, and im hoping that because ive been so damn bored for the past 3.5 months or whatever it is, i will want to study
i think with the hsc i was just like 'whatever', i couldnt see how it would relate to what i want to do, so i was just 'bleuh' all the time, but now i need to do well and some of my subjects will cross over, so i think im going to be more willing to study

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
same, and im hoping that because ive been so damn bored for the past 3.5 months or whatever it is, i will want to study
i think with the hsc i was just like 'whatever', i couldnt see how it would relate to what i want to do, so i was just 'bleuh' all the time, but now i need to do well and some of my subjects will cross over, so i think im going to be more willing to study
yeah, i agree- ur gonna b doing subjects that u really like- so it will b a whole lot easier to have motivation...hopefully...:uhoh:

santaslayer

HSC
good luck to all u ppl that wanna transfer.....
and snapwizard u were not bludgy, u studied 24/7, u were just stoopid and a bit slow...hahaha

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
good luck to all u ppl that wanna transfer.....
and snapwizard u were not bludgy, u studied 24/7, u were just stoopid and a bit slow...hahaha
:p I wish I studied 24/7, more like 0.24/7 for the HSC:rolleyes:

Majesty

HSC
N/A
I wasn't even planning to go to university, till 2 weeks before my HSC. That's cos my parents raised the question 'So which university/courses have you chosen and i was like wtf?'. Those 2 weeks i was doing hardcore study :D but the rest of year 11 and 12 was a major bludge. :cool:

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
My current plan (which will change :p) is to study each weeknight the things I have learnt that day.. and then on the weekend go through the past week's notes and make sure I understand everything completely.

I don't know if it will work, but here's hoping! :)

Leanne

HSC
Originally posted by honky tonk
My current plan (which will change :p) is to study each weeknight the things I have learnt that day.. and then on the weekend go through the past week's notes and make sure I understand everything completely.

I don't know if it will work, but here's hoping! :)
yeah i like that idea....but thats wat i'd planned to do for the HSC..and pfffttt! didnt happen!! I rckon i'll do the work i'm told to do in tutes etc....but if i still dont understand the stuff (or if i find it particularly interesting) i'll do the extra research and work....

but i have to squeeze in paid part time work and a social life....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)