• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Study (1 Viewer)

andreadye96

HSC
what wake-up tips/ideas do you guys recommend to stay up for study? caffeine pills effective? or energy drinks? which has least side-effects eg panic attacks
thankyou xx

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Don't become dependent on that stuff, it becomes a vicious cycle. In prelim i was having multiple long black espresso's throughout the day and got dependent on it, felt like shit and couldn't focus at school anyway.

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
I've stayed up a couple of nights this week. Try to avoid caffeine and just stick with water.

I'll give you a few tips:

- if you feel sleepy don't yawn, when you yawn it's because your brain needs more oxygen and makes you sleepier
- if you feel sleepy walk around the house, drink some cold water
- if you still feel sleepy find something funny, find stuff like : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UQvoMqP57k <--- that cracked me up for a bit haha.

Hope this helps and good luck!!

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
If you're going to have caffeine, have one clear cup of coffee.

Don't go into this energy drink or caffeine pills stuff, you will build a dependency that is difficult to surpass.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
If you're going to have caffeine, have one clear cup of coffee.

Don't go into this energy drink or caffeine pills stuff, you will build a dependency that is difficult to surpass.
+1, this guy speaks from experience. No doz really screws you up.

Elisa Sweet

HSC
Don't neglect to sleep. If you don't get enough sleep, you will do worse no matter how much you study

iBibah

HSC
Don't neglect to sleep. If you don't get enough sleep, you will do worse no matter how much you study
Not sure if you read the thread but they are still sleeping the same amount of time.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Actually, I'd prefer staying up all night to know more content than going in there refreshed and knowing very little. It results in better marks. Of course, the ideal notion is not to be in that situation in the first place, but just saying.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Actually, I'd prefer staying up all night to know more content than going in there refreshed and knowing very little. It results in better marks. Of course, the ideal notion is not to be in that situation in the first place, but just saying.
Study until you are no longer efficient, say 2am and go to bed. Sleep for 3-4hrs and study in the morning, you will be more productive. I know you already know this, but this is for the OP.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Lol yeah dude just study in the morning, you remember stuff better.

Elisa Sweet

HSC
Did you read the thread? I don't see anywhere it says how much their sleeping

Elisa Sweet

HSC
You can't remember the content much if your tired. I'd suggest you work as late as you can, until you get tired. Then maybe listen to music or something to calm your brain activity, then sleep. If you feel you need more study, waking up a bit earlier will be better, as you are refreshed to start studying more. This is just a suggestion, but I know it works for me.

crex

HSC
N/A
I've stayed up a couple of nights this week. Try to avoid caffeine and just stick with water.

I'll give you a few tips:

- if you feel sleepy don't yawn, when you yawn it's because your brain needs more oxygen and makes you sleepier
- if you feel sleepy walk around the house, drink some cold water
- if you still feel sleepy find something funny, find stuff like : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UQvoMqP57k <--- that cracked me up for a bit haha.

Hope this helps and good luck!!
yer m8 how about just study in a vacuum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)