• 2+ hours

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • none you asshole

Votes: 21 18.8%

• Total voters

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
i basically sit at any desk at home studying with doing notes and exam papers.. haven't been out of my house at all these hols

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
motivate yourself, no matter how you do it. that's what makes me study. or go to your local library==> its what makes me study the most. i cannot concentrate at home, too many distractions. i.e comp/net, tv, food, people calling you all day coz they're just as bored. library works like a charm

yabby

HSC
rnitya_25 said:
motivate yourself, no matter how you do it. that's what makes me study. or go to your local library==> its what makes me study the most. i cannot concentrate at home, too many distractions. i.e comp/net, tv, food, people calling you all day coz they're just as bored. library works like a charm
nice, i get dead bored in the middle of most past papers..
anyone else got motivational tips?? even like diet intakes? like more low G.I foods :p

LostAuzzie

HSC
On average I get done around 6-7 hrs each day which is plenty for me since ive been studying throughout the year.
I find maths and maths ext easiest to study for because I dont get bored studying it. Same with Physics and Chemistry. English and Religion just bore me to tears so I dont do as much study for those.

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
6-9 hours a day - depending upon the subject

Basically, i study all the sciences for 6-9 hours

religion, meh 2-4 a week

english = if i can bring myself to even comprehend that subject

maths/ extn. = 3 hours a week each (not much, dont' need too really - never understood why)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I honestly think it's different between alot of people, they can do like 8hrs and pick up nothing, i've been doing around 5 hours, will try to do 7+, but i just keep waking up so late!

yabby

HSC
Hey so what do u guys do in that 7-10 hours..
Do past papers?
Read notes?
Write and rewrite notes?
Attempt to memorise?
Read Band 6 answers :p?

rama_v

HSC
yabby said:
Hey so what do u guys do in that 7-10 hours..
Do past papers?
Read notes?
Write and rewrite notes?
Attempt to memorise?
Read Band 6 answers :p?
I cant stand reading, it never clicks in my head. All i do is write and do past papers

pol_pop

HSC
jeezus! you guys are going hard! i'm all proud of myself if i actually do a whole 2 hours or so! and i do the bludgiest study ever. I don't remember anything, just copy it out! it wont stay in my head! i can't concentrate for this long!
I would like to announce that i am officially screwed for the HSC!

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
I've been trying to get 6 hours a day, with weekends off. It sometimes works, but not often. Maybe I'll put in some extra tomorrow. But that would involve getting up earlier. Ah well. Anyway, I've found the two best ways to study (for me, anyway) are:

1. Do lots of questions. Lots and lots. From past papers, textbooks, the internet, wherever you can find them. Do them, then check your answer. If it was right, move onto the next one. If it was wrong, copy out or summarise the answer given, then come back to it later (like the next day). Try it again, and if you get it right, move on, if wrong, repeat process, until you get it right. If you have real difficulties with it, put it aside to show to your teacher during stuvac, or something.
2. And this is my preferred method: Get a past paper, and work through it like an open book test. Take as long as you like with it, but look up any information you don't know. Make sure every answer is perfect, containing all the information you think it should. Once its done, read through it again, and then, a couple of days later, do the paper as if it was real. When you're done, compare it with the 'perfect' paper you prepared earlier. Any information you missed out of the second one, write down in dot points like a summary, making sure you highlight really important stuff, because colour makes learning fun. Review these summaries often.
NB: don't do summaries for maths. They are useless. Just do the questions over and over again. Also, if you don't like writing essays, which I don't, write out plans instead. Outline what you would put into each paragraph, and then only write the paragraphs which sound hard. This is much easier, if cheating a little bit.

Well... that was a lot... sorry. Anyway, thats what works for me. If you don't know what works for you, you can give that a try, see how you like it. And I agree that study is fun!

MarsBarz

HSC
I don't think summaries for maths is useless at all. I find writing summaries very helpful. It's good revision.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
summaries are useful if you read them over and over again. i can't do summaries for maths, i have my own formula sheets, and i refer to them if i need to when doing past papers. that's all i do, past papers.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
So far I've focused on one subject for a period of time, then moved on. I've fixed up all my essays for English and Ext English, Society and Culture and Modern, polished my notes for Bio and done a trillion past HSC Maths questions. I still haven't been doing much compared to rest of you me thinks, but it doesn't take me long to memorise things (I can remember my essay plans by keywords in about 15 mins) so next week I'll knuckle down and hope for the best :D. Some days I do lots, others not so much. On average I get in about 2-4 hours a day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)