• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Studying 2 Subjects A Day Vs Studying 4 Subjects Per Day? (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
i dont like spending too long on a single subject, its very monotonous

watatank said:
i'd say 2 subjects a day would be more effective. i'd imagine you could work an hour on one subject, and then go one subject another and then back to the first one to consolidate.
1 hour on english, 1 hour on physics, 3 hours on maths yesterday

HSC
ahhh i do 1.5 hours on all 5 subs everydai
and who the hell says its "unhealthy".....like....r u retarded???? ppl who study as much eat and sleep uknow, i sleep 7 hours, n still study that much, n u dont see me being in a hospital or sick every month
depending on the uai u want, the amount of study u need varies...and its onli for another 5-ish months, unlike imma do this for the rest of my life-_-

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
It's not even about how much you study, it's about the amont of info that you actually learn. What takes me hours to learn can take one hour for another. So don't measure your study time.. QUALITY OVER QUANTITY!!!!!!!!

zaqwerty

HSC
sanjeevprasad99 said:
ahhh i do 1.5 hours on all 5 subs everydai
and who the hell says its "unhealthy".....like....r u retarded???? ppl who study as much eat and sleep uknow, i sleep 7 hours, n still study that much, n u dont see me being in a hospital or sick every month
depending on the uai u want, the amount of study u need varies...and its onli for another 5-ish months, unlike imma do this for the rest of my life-_-
No, I am not retarted :)

I was merely suggesting that to study for 5+ hours every single night would eventually take its toll on you.

You took what I said too literally.

redom

HSC
zaqwerty said:

I was merely suggesting that to study for 5+ hours every single night would eventually take its toll on you.

yeah working too hard does take its toll. Prior to my half yearlies...i worked my ass off...i dotn really count hours or anything...but i did ALOT. It paid of kinda, but on the downside, i was sick for an entire week the day after my half yearlies ended. Same thing happend after yr 11 yrlies. its called BURNOUT! and it sux!...i really doubt many people do 7.5 hrs a day, even those that get the 100uais have a much more balanced lifestyle. i just dont see how it adds up....schools from like 7.30-3.30? (including travel) 7 hrs sleep....and 7.5 hrs study?...do these ppl eat?...thts like no time to be human!...but i guess its possible...kinda! and good on those that actually are motivated enough to do that!

HSC
zaqwerty said:

It's retarded. R-e-t-a-r-d-e-d.

Sorry, that is my pet hate of all errors.

w00dy.

HSC
zaqwerty said:
So they're suggesting (at least) five hours of study per night?
That's not good advice.
they were including homework + study,
but the funny thing is they did a complete 360 and said a few weeks later that homework should be done seperate study, and that we should work in as many hours of both as possible into a timetable suited to each individual to help balance study, social lifes and other commitments.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^ like sanjeevprasad, i'm pretty much studying from when i get home till bed time.

i get up a few times coz i get distracted/food/break - but these usually, accumulated would take up 1 - 2hrs max.

i start becoming less productive after the first lot of hours so i know to change to a subject that requires less concentration - ie maths (just repition of questions again and again as opposed to english)

at one stage i used to have the whole stigma of 'omg i'm 'overstudying'' but that's really just a mindset. i dont feel i'm overdoing it or its having a toll on me. i know i need that much coz every once in a while i'll reach my peak and stop studying for a stretch of hrs, so i need to account for that.

*shrugs* each to their own...

HSC
zaqwerty said:

oops sorryyyy
i jus got tired of ppl saying "overstudying = had health"-_-

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
I study 30min/1/1.5 hours for 3 subjects a night - all are put into a timetable so that the hours of study are equal for each subject for the week.

Scorch

HSC
I'm attempting to get into a habit of studying 2-3 hours a night, sometimes including homework/major work reading (History Extension) just depending on how much I have.

I just work on two subjects a night really, and do them for 1-1.5 hours each. Like, if I do Legal Studies and I pass an hour and think that I'm working really efficiently then I may just keep doing that subject for up to two hours, but that's usually where my brain either convinces me to stop or my other organs leads a revolt against my brain.

I guess as everyone has said, it all depends on what works for you. I need a sort of rigid flexibility. Yes, I know that's an oxymoron. I need a system I can stick to with ease, but that I can change or adapt with the same level of ease. That's just what works for me.

But I'm human, and I honestly believe in the idea of studying smart and not hard, after 7 hours of study, don't you think that the information stops actually being absorbed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)