Studying 2 Subjects A Day Vs Studying 4 Subjects Per Day? (1 Viewer)

Beege

HSC
What's more effective? 4 hours worth of study (2 hours per subject) or 4 hours worth of study (1 subject per hour?)

HSC
i'd say 2 subjects a day would be more effective. i'd imagine you could work an hour on one subject, and then go one subject another and then back to the first one to consolidate.

Beege

HSC
Hmm that would be a good idea to keep the will to study.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Beege said:
What's more effective? 4 hours worth of study (2 hours per subject) or 4 hours worth of study (1 subject per hour?)
Study benefits per unit in relation to hours studies representing 1 of a possible 2 units as a whole can be worked out mathematically.

Once you've done the substitution align the results to the graph

Try not to confuse the independant variables

HSC
ari89 said:
Study benefits per unit in relation to hours studies representing 1 of a possible 2 units as a whole can be worked out mathematically.

You're becoming quite good at this. I giggled a little.

pinkly

Hands are handy.
HSC
2 subjects is your best bet, that way you don't have everything smooshing together and then you'll confuse yourself.

missjohns

HSC
ari89 said:

That hurts my brain.

Andrew007

HSC
great question since i have been thinking about something similar. 2 subjects would be best but then you have to study those subjects less regularly per week, like maybe only once every three days.
personally, i would suggest 3 subjects of 80 minutes each. buts thats my opinion. 2 lots of 2hrs each would be fine.

*IcePrincess*

HSC
apparently study should be equal to the time you spend in class (according to my economics teacher) so for every hour you do in class you should be doing an hour for the same subject at home, even if that means going over what you did that day to consolidate your knowledge.
I prefer doing 3 lots of 1 hour so I don't get bored or overworked and then catch up on the rest of the time on the weekend. But I think the amount of study you do everyday should also be dependent on your workload for that week.

101-UAI

HSC
study however much u need to study,

u urself noe how much u have to study in relation to where u are at

some people need to study more than others

unfortunately study habits can only be devloped by u, so its crucial that u find ur optimun study time and the right amount of study with breaks of course (don;t go crazy studying endlessly or u'll go backwards)

in other words, balance = good marks

good luck

kony

HSC
1 subject per day.

but make sure you understand crop rotation.

w00dy.

HSC
it was recommended to us by some of our teachers to spend one hour per subject per night, but rotate at what order you do the subjects each night, say if you did maths for one hour to start with, you do maths as one of your last subjects the next night, so you get variety and potentially concentrate better.

just a suggestion though =]

zaqwerty

HSC
w00dy. said:
it was recommended to us by some of our teachers to spend one hour per subject per night, but rotate at what order you do the subjects each night, say if you did maths for one hour to start with, you do maths as one of your last subjects the next night, so you get variety and potentially concentrate better.

just a suggestion though =]
So they're suggesting (at least) five hours of study per night?
That's not good advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)