Studying at night? (1 Viewer)

henry08

HSC
N/A
Personally I'm just far more focused when everybody else is asleep as there is no distractions at all and you just want to get on with it. I don't really like studying immediately after school and instead start about 7/7:30 pm, and do 2 to 3 hours. Then usually another 1/2 hours later on.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
If I work more than an hour I take the rest of the day off.

When I only need to pass my exams to get D's but need 80+ to get HD's the motivation to work hard just isn't there.
Lucky, compared to needing a C on your exam to get a D (or sometimes a D in some crazy ass subs) that sounds pretty sweet.

I NEVER work during the day, if I work, I start after 11pm or so, coz everybody pisses off by then.

michael1990

HSC
I really should do a little more study either night or day. But i really couldn't be bothered.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
i study at night, average bed time is 11-12, later sometimes.

if there is a test on i often intend to get up early, but somehow manage to turn the alarm off in my sleep :S. that happened yesterday actually, then i had a dream about jackie o, o_O , (my alarm is the radio).

Last edited:

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
i find studying of a night good but not late night. i am one of those people that go to bed early-ish. I cant stay up all night

jazzbaby

HSC
night time is the only time when i can study with full concentration

tambourine

HSC
how can youse study at night? i get easily distracted at night and i'm usually too tired to study...if i studied at the times you people have been saying i'd never wake up in time for school

HSC
tambourine said:
how can youse study at night? i get easily distracted at night and i'm usually too tired to study...if i studied at the times you people have been saying i'd never wake up in time for school
It's the exact opposite for me with distraction. During the day there are a ton of distractions, internet stuff to do, TV shows, people need to talk to, etc.

During the night, there are no distractions, everyone is sleeping, it's dark, there's nothing good on TV, I've probably been on the net long enough to have done everything I wanted, and hence the only thing left to do is study.

So what distracts you at night? :confused:

As for getting up, well....that's why I have three alarms :rofl:

tambourine

HSC
MSN distracts me at night :(

yes i have those distractions during the day too...so to put it simply...i hardly study :(

i can't sit there for hours on end going through stuff i've learnt before...i lose concentration and procrastinate heaps

tambourine

HSC
lol i thought about that but i didn't :(
i will try not to study at the computer...
:)

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Rhanoct said:
a good way to slap msn in the face is to uninstall it
i did that, but friend forced me to reinstall, but even now i only use it about 3 times a week - and i deleted my myspace too.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
tambourine said:
MSN distracts me at night :(

yes i have those distractions during the day too...so to put it simply...i hardly study :(

i can't sit there for hours on end going through stuff i've learnt before...i lose concentration and procrastinate heaps
Get a laptop or disconnect the internet?

porquoispas

HSC
I've developed the habit of drinking around 3 Vs and chucking all-nighthers the night b4 assessment tasks and exams.. i've been doing it for so long that the last time i did it (which was yestterday..lol) the lack of sleep had no effect on me.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Rhanoct said:
a good way to slap msn in the face is to uninstall it
lol i did that during exams and then i discovered the web messenger which destroyed ther purpose

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)