• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Studying at recess/lunch (1 Viewer)

Demandred

HSC
Originally posted by KarmaKitten
recess for me is 15 minutes. In those 15 minutes, I usually have to have meetings with the principal or deputies or the other prefects. or i have to find some teacher and discuss something with them. lunch lasts 35 minutes and i like to do nothing but talk to my friends and stuff and chill out to the music
Sounds nearly the same as me.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by _DeathlessOne_
Oooh, I hate those little nerds. At luch time they fully sprint to the library so they can be the first on the computers to play fucking Sonic the Hedgehog! And worst of all they have to play their games with the volume cranked up, and Im sitting there trying to study with all this fucking noise and it drives me crazy. Its either that, or the library is full of nerds playing these odd card games.
That is exactly like my school!! On Tuesdays I have a double free in the morning, and it's hard to get out of the library, because all the year 7's are running in to get to the computers. And then if you try to sit down at a table, you can't because the other nerds use up all the tables playing cards and chess. Then you leave because you can't study, and you get whacked by a ball because the year 8's have grown past their computer games and chess phase, and are onto a handball phase

My friends and I used to go to a clas room at recess and lunch, not to study, but just to get away from the handballers, and to sudy sometimes. Once we found these yr 8's and they'd taken their shoes off and were playing cards. They take over the whole school and smell putrid!!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i used to study sometimes during lunch... we had a "senior area" in the library but it's an open area so you could still hear everyone below you -__-;;

all our english assessments were on thursdays, and i had two free periods before english so i always used to craaaaaam like crazy :D it worked!

G

Gavvvvvin

Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
Then you leave because you can't study, and you get whacked by a ball because the year 8's have grown past their computer games and chess phase, and are onto a handball phase
I dont know about you guys, but the handball phase ended in year 6!

On a totally unrelated note, do yous have people at your school who consider it trendy to walk around school with an acoustic guitar despite the fact they cant play shit?

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
do yous have people at your school who consider it trendy to walk around school with an acoustic guitar despite the fact they cant play shit?
ahahaha yes! What's with that?

Tabris

HSC
I would like to burn thei cards with a lighter, wipe their chess game off the table and some of my friends help them phase out by kicking thei handball onto the roof or towards the horizon. Things people for their piece of mind and studying

Giant Lobster

HSC
studying at lunch and recess... :rolleyes:
tell me, what can you possibly revise in the 40 minutes you have during lunch?
I swear, people who rather study than eat lunch...

well theres a bunch at my school that study at lunch, but they dont stand out or anything in terms of marks. i think they just do it for show. Honestly, if you want to study, sacrifice sleep time instead and do 6 hour days or something everyday. Doing it at lunch is just totally unnecessary.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
don't study ast recess and lunch, you need somesort of a break, talk to your friends at that time

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I have my lunch (sandwich/rice/bread roll) and a newspaper in the other hand at lunch, off to the senior study area where its quiet and no bloody year 7's running around squeling like pigs...

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i usually eat at recess and if i have to some work, then its at lunch in the library. I end up reading mty newspaper at lunch if i dont have anything to do :) for tests, i read over my notes, but nothing to melodramatic or cramming in the library for me. doesnt work

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I barely study at home so I'm not going to be studying at recess or lunch, at recess it is eat/talk (if Im ever eating) and at lunch its time to play cards.

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
If its the recess/lunch before an exam, people stand around with notes in hand stressing. But see, they're not actually studying. Its true you need food.. its horrible when you walk into in exam first thing in the morning and ye tummy starts rumbling while ye trying to think. So food is definitely priority. And go to the toilet too. :)

emskii

we have a senior study.. its good

i have many frees and i always waste them thoughtfully
most times i go to the library and read my horoscope.. and then get kicked out for eating/disturbing others/not using the computers for work/stealing newspapers in the library...

i use my lunchtimes and recesses for eating and making fun of various people

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by emskii
we have a senior study.. its good

i have many frees and i always waste them thoughtfully
most times i go to the library and read my horoscope.. and then get kicked out for eating/disturbing others/not using the computers for work/stealing newspapers in the library...

i use my lunchtimes and recesses for eating and making fun of various people
ok lets see.. trying to do my english essay in p3 today and ending up having a gossip session with like 6 others lol.. great

aud

HSC
I dont know about you guys, but the handball phase ended in year 6!

On a totally unrelated note, do yous have people at your school who consider it trendy to walk around school with an acoustic guitar despite the fact they cant play shit?
I think the handball phase in my school ends about Year 9... and yes, there are so many groups with their guitars and singers... AHH~!! Make them stop~!!

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
i generally don't do any work during recess or lunch..its a well earned break basically after 3 hours of continuos work..but whenever my friends or i have trouble with a particular subject, we will generally go to the library to look over it and help each other out...but those are the only times..oh and also when there's a test the next period etc..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)