Studying for HSC abroad, Would like a good online tutoring service for ENG ADV (1 Viewer)

vicrost

HSC
Hello,

I saw this website while I was looking for resources to help jumpstart my HSC studies and would like some advice. Last year I completed The CIE IGCSE course and was supposed to have started grade 11 here in UAE. However, soon after, we got a PR in Australia. We were supposed to arrive in Sydney in January but our flight was cancelled. We had decided that once I arrive, I will join grade 12, complete hsc and start uni in 2022. However, due to the cancelled flight, I am forced to start preparing for the hsc here in the UAE on my own.

Being a completely new curriculum, it was tough to get started on the HSC but I have managed to make decent progress studying for maths advanced and physics using resources like khan academy and the syllabus. English, however, is not as straightforward as I couldn't grasp the structure or find any guide I could use to start studying for it. Hence, I have decided to use a tutoring service to get started on english, at least until I arrive in Australia. Matrix Edu is the one currently in mind as I have found some of their resources for other subjects quite useful but It is also costly. So I wanted to ask if there were any other recommended online tutoring services I could join that maybe cheaper or even better.

In addition to that, as I am studying prelim and hsc courses in one year, I would greatly appreciate any other useful resources for the following subjects:

1. Maths Advanced & Extension
2. Physics

Thank you.😁

Duskheaven

HSC
What highschool are you enrolled in? Shouldn't they give you materials? Sadly, you can't just learn HSC content by yourself and then get the HSC which you seem to be?? You can get some free english help by the person in my description, I highly recommend that. I could give you some recommended English tutors which could give you lessons on a more regular basis, (I've talked to many in the creation of the drive in the description), if you tell me the texts you're doing?

vicrost

HSC
What highschool are you enrolled in? Shouldn't they give you materials? Sadly, you can't just learn HSC content by yourself and then get the HSC which you seem to be?? You can get some free english help by the person in my description, I highly recommend that. I could give you some recommended English tutors which could give you lessons on a more regular basis, (I've talked to many in the creation of the drive in the description), if you tell me the texts you're doing?
As I mentioned before, I am currently living in UAE and have never been or lived in Australia. My previous curriculum was cie so Hsc is completely new to me. Our flight in January was cancelled so I could never join a school. So I had to start learning on my own so I don't waste anytime and when I reach AUS, I can continue with a school. I wrote this post because unlike maths and physics where I could learn the topics in the syllabus from various sources, english adv seems to be more specific and thus I couldn't start learning it on my own. Consequently, I decided to start looking for english tutors that could help me get started. Thank You

Duskheaven

HSC
As I mentioned before, I am currently living in UAE and have never been or lived in Australia. My previous curriculum was cie so Hsc is completely new to me. Our flight in January was cancelled so I could never join a school. So I had to start learning on my own so I don't waste anytime and when I reach AUS, I can continue with a school. I wrote this post because unlike maths and physics where I could learn the topics in the syllabus from various sources, english adv seems to be more specific and thus I couldn't start learning it on my own. Consequently, I decided to start looking for english tutors that could help me get started. Thank You
So, with English, there are dozens of texts you can do for each module. You could study english essay structures but I doubt that would translate to a high english mark without knowing the text you would do for the HSC. You could also start on your creative writing skills & short answer questions, a fairly small part of the English syllabus overall. I would contact Ian McAlpin, from my bio, who was an English teacher for more advice. It would be seriously hard translating tutoring now into HSC marks in 2022 without knowing the texts you'll be doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)