Studying for maths? (1 Viewer)

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by ...
that penguin looks like its gonna fall over or something
Well it's trying to fly, despite it's inability to do so. I.e. don't set unreasonable goals, you'll only be dissapointed.

futfut

HSC
N/A
cambridge is pissing me off, like i bought it for a source of study,

i tried working through it, but they add A BIG LOAD OF USELESS STUFF that i didnt have to learn @ school or @ phoenix,

should i even bother with those exercises or questions?

and for other people who have used cambridge, how did u use it

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
don't do extension if you can't. Everything else you CAN and SHOULD do.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
I never thought I'd say this (I basically failed yr 11 gen maths...but a lot of laziness has to take some blame....) anyway...

I figured out a technique.
It's not so much doing question after question until your hand drops off. I've been doing that for the last 4 weeks *my course started then* and surds was a pain for me b/c I kept getting each question wrong...even though I did heaps.

ANYWAY!
I was looking through my sister's old school "how to study effectively" book (green and white stripe cover if your asking) and at the back it had an example of a student who was making algebra mistakes... well they put 2 columns - one for "mistake" the other for "correction" and as you re-wrote the mistake and put in the correction, you go over it and figure out what you did wrong. Then you put arrows and comments on how to do it properly and so forth....it really sticks!

Today - I've been fighting with division algebra *I'm hopeless at all division* and I decided to apply the technique. I went from getting 8/25 to 21/25! I was damn happy!
Plus my little notes in the correction page stuck in my head.

There's my 2 cents.
MM

ps> here's the dymocks link to it:
http://www.dymocks.com.au/ContentDynamic/Full_Details.asp?ISBN=1862940002

Merforga

For me, every now and again me and my friends get to gether and do maths exercises. Some time or rather one or more of us get stuck and then we work on it togeteher. This way, we share our knowledge and leanr a lot more ^^. They say you learn 90% of what you teach =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)