Studying from summaries only. (1 Viewer)

HOPE'n'Krump

HSC
N/A
Are you able to gain enough information just from summaries to get a high mark in exams? If you understand every syllabus point, because I'm behind and this is the only way i can do this...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
If you feel that that's enough - then that's fine.

Rudroll

A Chicken in my Bag!
HSC
That's good, but having a look at a few past papers would also help.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
yeh as sed before do some old papers and then get ur teacher to mark them.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I read over summaries/notes and do a heck of a lot papers.

If you're just going of dot point summaries, make sure that you can apply your knowledge and answer questions correctly. Just do whatever floats your boat :)

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
Are you able to gain enough information just from summaries to get a high mark in exams? If you understand every syllabus point, because I'm behind and this is the only way i can do this...
If your smart and motivated, summaries are enough, but usually its best to do past papers and make your own summaries.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Depends what subject you are talking about. For things like biology or senior science you probably can (practicals and research asides)...althought it depends what you mean by high mark,80s yes, 90s no. For subjects like eco or math I wouldn't recommend it.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
lol at go fuck a dingo and bogan rape.
i could +rep people to -rep him moar.

anyway back on topic, summaries are only good for revision.
the really short summaries arrangedd by dotpoint on 1 page are most appropriately read after revising a topic

HSC
Summaries are necessary but for the best marks you must do more than that.

Climb aboard your noble steed before its too late and get some past papers done, have a study session, eat some biscuits and let the good marks roll in!

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
Only if you've made those summaries and you know the background information that comes with it.

Unless you know the dot point and everything that comes with it, just learning summaries will only give you about 3/5

Make sure its a summary that you understand, you know the background information of ( if its not included in the summary) and look at past papers and check if your summary could answer the questions.

I can't study off textbooks before exams. They stress me out ( the thickness and all those sentences )

Summaries help me study more effectively because i feel more organised and prepared. Everyones different ...

If you're feeling comfortable with it, means its good enough. If you have doubts, go over those summaries and make them more in depth, or read over the textbook first :) untill you feel its enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)