misspash

HSC
sampognetta said:
that was a great exam.
i agree, 1a was a bastard.
but the rest was pure brilliance.
i actually studied duchamps "fountain"
did anyone use humour/parody in 1b.
oh and by the way did any one notice that the artist name in 1b was richard swallow (a.k.a dick swallow) i spent a solid minute just laughing to myself at that one.
good luck everyone.

lol yeh same, i sat there for like ages feeling sorry for the poor guy and then i thought about Austin Powers...70's dress-up for an 18th...and then i did not stop writing for the next 1.15 mins : ) *they shouldnt put names in there like that to distract us from concentrating

helenpoo

HSC
I thought it was an ok exam o.o I spent a while deciding which question in section II, but I wrote a fair bit.

Lucky people who studied Duchamp :p I had some trouble with that part. Sort of had to go on a bit o_o;

HSC
N/A
Dude, Ricky Swallow was in the exam? Far out. And you had Duchamp? I've studied Ricky Swallow and Marcel Duchamp both extensively.

Damn you '05! That sounds like the best damn paper ever.

wigzell_king

HSC
sampognetta said:
that was a great exam.
i agree, 1a was a bastard.
but the rest was pure brilliance.
i actually studied duchamps "fountain"
did anyone use humour/parody in 1b.
oh and by the way did any one notice that the artist name in 1b was richard swallow (a.k.a dick swallow) i spent a solid minute just laughing to myself at that one.
good luck everyone.
that is fucking hilarious

S p a r k l e

Did you guys remember to mention that Ricky Swallow represented Australia in this years Venice Biennale? (i think thats why they put him in the exam..dunno)

cate_7x

HSC
Haha I didn't mention it sparkle - it really has jack-all to do with post-modernism...

darkroomgirl

HSC
Awesome, awesome, awesome exam.

Loved all of Section 1.

Loved my essay! (Question 6 = 'Artists are no longer makers of art, but managers and coordinators'... or something along those lines. PERFECT FOR POSTMODERN ART!!!! WOOHOO!!)

I'm happy I ended on a high note :)

HSC
N/A
Far out darkroomgirl, I hope I'm singing the same tune as you this time next year!

It's great to hear people really confident in how they went - good work! :D

runboynick

The exam i thought was pretty good as a whole. All the photographs and artworks in question 1 a), b), c) were pretty straight forward in relation to relating them to the question on practice, frames, and conceptual framework.
Did many people do question 7 on the conceptual framework about the role of audiences changing the reputation of the artist...etc? I thought it was a brilliant question for my artists Warhol, Pollock and Hirst.

jo_muffin

HSC
I thought it was the easiest exam paper ive seen in a few years.
1a) pure impressionism question, just wrote stuff on loaded brush, spontaneus reaction, plein air, etc.
1b) talked about consumerism, appropriation, unconventional materials etc.
1c) studied duchamp for about a term so that was fun!

as for section 2, i did question 5, couldnt have asked for an easier time and place question. Best EXAM EVER

sampognetta

HSC
could somebody please send that paper to "rove[live]"
as a "what the..."
i recon everyone would get a kick out of seeing the name "dick swallow"
i know i did
thanks

kristie87

HSC
sampognetta said:
could somebody please send that paper to "rove[live]"
as a "what the..."
i recon everyone would get a kick out of seeing the name "dick swallow"
i know i did
thanks
OMG - That is such a good idea...

Someone totally do it from 'All The Visual Arts HSC 05er's'...

Last edited:

maxibon88

HSC
yeah we stududied him last term, poor kid, imagine all the teasing at school, when i first saw the name a few months ago i new it was gold....that is seriously an insane idead what the. Someone send it...or if not i can do it...but hey whoever thought of it should do it.

HSC
N/A
Haha I'm such an innocent little Catholic girl. When I first saw his name, all I thought was "Swallow.... that's pretty cute, like the little birds"

Haha. Of course swallows are my favourite birds and I have a swallow stencil that I use a bit with some of my paintings, and so obviously swallow in that sense means more to me than the.... dirty sense :p

myer

HSC
N/A
i thought the exam was fair, but that doesnt mean i did any good. the short answers were ok, but i didnt get the marking bit for what was being asked. the skulls & duchamp were kool, unlike that crapy juilian guy. i did question 5 for section 2, focusing on how australian contemporary artists represent their world, i used fiona hall's 'parradisus terrestris', emily kngwarreye's 'big yam dreaming' & howard taylors 'landscape emblem'. the exam was alot better than the trial. did anyone elses art teacher forget that the exam was on that day?

arooshika...

HSC
i found the essay questions quite challenging, it took me 15mins to decide on which question including the reading time...luckily i did the essay first and it was good i just finished it to

p.s, if anyone still has the exam paper, what does the last essay question say...i think it was question 10

nookie

HSC
can someone please explain the 'dick swallow' joke? has it got to do with austin powers, cos i haven't watched the movie. yeah i'm a bit slow :D

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
I actually enjoyed the exam.

It was much better than the trial.

Did anybody do question 4 about how exhibitions manage your emotions? I used the Bill Henson, 2004 sydney biennale and gorden bennet.

The question that annoyed me was the first one. About that Julian Ashton bloke. Three things about his practice. All I could make out from the crap plates they gave us was he was an observation artist, worked outdoors. That sucked bad.

The iMan Prototype was excellent.

The Duchamp question was pretty good but I was confused if he was very influential in cubism. I wrote he was. Oh well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)