StuVac & Exam Period Bitch and Moan Thread (II, 2006) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Im doing the ones on

-capitalism in the 30's and afterward WWII
-putting the Russian Revolution in the broader context of Russia history
-spanish civil war as a back up

I was trying to do the fascism one yesterday, but it was too hard to structure so I gave up :)

Which ones are you doing?

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Silver Persian said:
Im doing the ones on

-capitalism in the 30's and afterward WWII
-putting the Russian Revolution in the broader context of Russia history
-spanish civil war as a back up

I was trying to do the fascism one yesterday, but it was too hard to structure so I gave up :)

Which ones are you doing?
- Definitional question on fascism
- Holocaust and whether it can be compared to other events (I actually did the readings for this one!)
- Either the definitional question on totalitarianism or the Spanish Civil War as a backup.

As you can tell, I'm mostly doing the abstract, -ism based questions because I want to remember the least amount of cold hard facts possible :).

Yeah, you're right, the fascism one is a bitch. On the upside, though, doing it gives you a lot of generic material and ideas to work into the other essay should the occasion call for it.

I think I'll also get familiar with the Charles S. Maeir reading at the start of the reader, because it gives a really good overarching account of the course.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Just be aware that although Dr. Hilliard is taking the course, any Spanish Civil War essays will be marked by Dr. Keane and its her area of research expertise, so be thorough with your study.

Good luck guys.

darkroomgirl

HSC
Ugh. Did NOT like that ANHS 1004 exam at all. Add onto the fact that it was on a BLOODY SATURDAY, I came late (missed the train, had to ask a humongous favour from my boyfriend), didn't have time to study the night before - this was where my BS skills came in handy today - and I was stressing out about my friend's 21st birthday party, which happened tonight. Argh. Twas a horrible, horrible day.

EDUF 1019 made me smile. I managed to study for everything. I'm hoping for my very first HD in a subject :)

Anyway. That is all. I shall be collapsing soon into bed. Night all.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Malfoy said:
EDUF1019 was okay yesterday. I finished it with 45 minutes to spare. All of it was easy except for the fact that out of the 8 topics he told us to study, I only studied seven. I didn't study Erikson because I found him dull, wishy-washy and irrelevant. I hate all this psychosocial/psychohistorical stuff (deMause being morbid but at least more readable). Pity Erikson was in the exam! Aiming for a 25/30 here, to match the 25/30 for the seminar and 25/30 for the essay. That'd give me a nice 83 for the semester.
<3 Erickson...not be confused with Ericcson for those of us who have Differential next Tuesday :S

I think I may DIE! Jens is awesome, but I hate Damian Birney with a passion.

Oh well, 2 down, 2 to go!

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
PHYS3960 was a joke.

There was a 33.3% mark black hole in the middle of the exam. Only 3 or 4 out of the 40+ people doing the course even attempted it sucessfully. [It was a 20 mark question, out of a possible 60 mark exam, and I doubt I'll get more than 5-10/20 for the question]

That being said, the other 40 marks were pissweak.

jellybeenz

HSC
I'm only studying Personality section of psyc2014... I hate differential and will guess all those questions- hoping to barely scrape a pass.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
adamsaclown said:
haha why do you like Jens but hate Damien?
coz I understand Jens' content, but Damian's lecture stream was far too boring and stupid in my opinion lol

jellybeenz said:
I'm only studying Personality section of psyc2014... I hate differential and will guess all those questions- hoping to barely scrape a pass.
oh if only I could have the luxury of just scraping a pass :( if i don't get a credit average I can kiss Psych good-bye!

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I've heard that differential is a bitch - my friend was complaining about the amount of time she's wasted trying to avoid studying it.

So I've got an exam this arvo and I'm on the bottom level of Merewether at the moment. I know virtually nothing for it, and I'm just gonna grit my teeth, cram from now til 3pm and hope for the best.

On the other hand, I'm totally fucked for GOVT tommorow, so I can kiss my chances of Honours good bye, especially since I got TOTALLY FUCKED OVER by my group partners for our peer assessment thing when I was the one that DID THE MOST WORK AND PULLED THE WHOLE FUCKING THING TOGETHER.

/rant

So very very pissed off.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I concur, Differential is fucking BORING

in other news, how finalised do u think the timetables for 07 are, 'cause so far i have a fucking clash, and i dont like it

gerhard

HSC
i hate personality with a passion. i also hate differential, but probably not as much. in fact the only thing in psych i dont seem to hate is cognitive.

which psychs are you doing next term psych people. i wonder how small the differential psych course next semester will be

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
ima doing:

Social Psych
Cognition, Language and Thought (tho might have to change because of clash)
Abnormal Psych
Advanced Statistics in Psychology

A

adamsaclown

I'm doing exactly the same, and will probably also do the Learning unit the year after.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Hmm I thought psychology was a set course after about first year? as in, they pick your units for you.

gerhard

HSC
no. you need to do all the second year courses to get a major (theres 4). whatever else you do is your choice.theres 11 different psych subjects in 3rd year, and you only need to do 4 for a major.

and most people doing psych are bscience or barts students.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i just hope the Differential q's are easy, it's not like it was a hard topic, it was just so boring and repetitive and dry, and seemingly pointless and unrelated...it didnt seem to go anywhere *shrugs* maybe that was just me

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
I hope they're not hard either. The content wasn't hard per se, but if they ask stupid questions which forces you to apply your knowledge, then I'll be fucked. I know the content, I understand the content, but I haven't done enough study to be able to apply it to difficult questions.

I hate when I KNOW I haven't studied enough.

Next year I'm doing
Intelligence & Human Reasoning (oh dear lord)
Developmental Psychology
Advanced Statistics
Abornmal Psychology
Communication & Counselling

I dont get a choice....but I'm only doing the psyc subjects if i get credit avg lol if not, back to arts/ed I go.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
I hate when you know that even if you studied for like 50 more hours, you wouldn't have studied what they asked you. That just makes it all the more frustrating, and makes me feel even more un-knowlegable. (is that even a word... my brain is so fried...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)