• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

StuVac & Exam Period Bitch and Moan Thread (II, 2007) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Malfoy said:
Exams are over! I am so thrilled...

ENGL1007 was a nightmare, as expected. Once I factored in my extra time I had 1hr 45 minutes to complete the exam. I walked out after 35 minutes, with all but one question attempted (wtf are modal auxiliaries, anyway?) but they were all half-assed and my essay was some vague waffle which was pretty much made up on the spot (and was only about 650 words, which is a pretty poor effort). There wasn't a single question I could answer and feel confident about it.

Now to see how I go - it'll depend on how easily they mark and what my essay mark looks like.
omg i agree, it was hard! i answered everything but it was all just vague bullshit...i think my essay will get me a pass although as i recall a lot of it was just me pulling some extremely limited knowledge of finnish and japanese out of nowhere and trying to justify my answer with it :S :S i walked out early cause i'd had enough. good luck i hope you do pass!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
My ENGL1007 was just plain awful, but hilarious at how much I didn't actually know about the subject. I walked out twenty minutes early as well, the essay topics were appalling.
I chose the style/grammar one, and to highlight how little I knew about anything, here's what I wrote to compare the two:
Grammar and style is like a cake. Grammar is the flour and the eggs etc., whereas style is the delicious icing and other assortments on top :eek:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I wrote similar things in my chemistry exam. Including, but not limited to begging the marker for extra marks, and a lengthy request for James Beattie to be injected with some form of excitement steroid. I hope he didn't mark that part of the paper, ey?

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Grammar and style is like a cake. Grammar is the flour and the eggs etc., whereas style is the delicious icing and other assortments on top :eek:
I love your metaphorical prowess. :eek:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
bazookajoe said:
My ENGL1007 was just plain awful, but hilarious at how much I didn't actually know about the subject. I walked out twenty minutes early as well, the essay topics were appalling.
I chose the style/grammar one, and to highlight how little I knew about anything, here's what I wrote to compare the two:
LOL cake

i want cake now.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
I love your metaphorical prowess. :eek:
I know right? :eek: :eek:
After writing it I was so proud of myself!

And yeah Doris, I felt like cake after it as well but didn't get any :( :(

HSC
bazookajoe said:
I know right? :eek: :eek:
After writing it I was so proud of myself!

And yeah Doris, I felt like cake after it as well but didn't get any :( :(
Don't forget the sprinkles and hundreds and thousands. :eek:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I have to choose between 1007 at this australian texts: international contexts next year if i transfer, to get my english units up. That sucks. :(

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Haha. There's no chance I'll do 1007. The other one does sound crappy though. I wanted to be able to do the film one or the inventing modernity one, but *sigh* :(

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
Yeah English sucks.
blasphemy :eek:

english is awesome!

...1007, however, was the biggest load of shit i have ever encountered in my life. too hard, too technical, too BLECH. after this semester i realised how bloody awesome 1025 (fiction film and power) really was in semester1... i wasn't keen on it at the time but after about 3 weeks of 1007 i was craving some solid dissection and intellectual discussion of texts without reference to their clause structures. i would have killed to wrap my mind around that simulacrum concept again. at least diligence paid off in that course. i tried so hard in 1007 and i still wouldn't know what a transitive clause was if it came up and stabbed me in the retinas.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Yes! Hooray! Postmodernism ftw! Even if I don't get my transfer I'm still gonna do that one anyway for the hell of it. :D

neafoo

HSC
I'm not going to do anymore english units. I found them too difficult i guess. Though i did enjoy staying back on monday nights to watch the movies for ENGL1025 :p

thenothing

no member
HSC
I was beginning to like the idea of doing English next year. You guys are scaring me :(

neafoo

HSC
thenothing said:
I was beginning to like the idea of doing English next year. You guys are scaring me :(
If you wanna do it, do it :).

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Uggggggggh, I just finished the first day of my summer job and am covered with dirt and sweat. Screw you, Penrith weather. How are people's holidays going?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol what's your job? i'm at work full time, but it's nice here. will finish at 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)