Subject Selection Help (1 Viewer)

BissyBoy

HSC
Hey I'm in Year 10 At Girraween High, rank 22nd (I think) and I have to choose my subjects for 11 and 12 soon and so far I've decided:

Maths 3U
English 2U
Bio
Chem
Modern

Is that a good set?

also what should my last subject be out of:

Legal
IPT
Ancient

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Hey I'm in Year 10 At Girraween High, rank 22nd (I think) and I have to choose my subjects for 11 and 12 soon and so far I've decided:

Maths 3U
English 2U
Bio
Chem
Modern

Is that a good set?

Legal
IPT
Ancient
3U English. Other subjects on that list for your last subject all scale shit and as such are dropkick. Ancient is semi-decent though, you're not completely fucked.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Scaling-wise, none of those three subjects are particularly great. If it has to be out of those three just do what you're most interested in - scaling won't be much of an issue if you do well enough.

moonblack

HSC
everyone lets sing along now

...and now that i didnt go girra...... i just doubled my predicted ATAR!!!

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Scaling-wise, none of those three subjects are particularly great. If it has to be out of those three just do what you're most interested in - scaling won't be much of an issue if you do well enough.
All those subjects are capped, hence scaling is always a big issue. Even Ancient is capped IIRC (at 99.7).

bouncing

HSC

Maths 3U
English 2U
Bio
Chem
Modern

Is that a good set?

Legal
IPT
Ancient
Hey there is nothing wrong with your subject selection, for the last subject i definitely would go with legal - the hsc syllabus is pretty interesting i think.. i've heard from my friends that ancient is a shitlooad of context and when i mean shitload i mean like ... their folders are bulging with booklets from their teacher.. dont know how much info that gives you but really just go check out the syllabus for each of them i'm sure it'll give u an idea of what you'll be learning and u can figure out if you'd be interested in it...

also if you pick things you like im sure you're bound to spend more time in it and thus being capped or whatever doesn't matter ALL THAT MUCH... try not to get too involved in all that?

oh yeah ps. i dont know anything about IPT except that i know some schools offer it accelerated in year 10 or something (i dont think it even exists at my school anymore... so have no idea)

hope this helps, goodluck!

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Don't pick IPT and you will be fine.

Just pick what ever combo of subjects from the ones left that tickle your fancy :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)