Subject selection .. too much? (1 Viewer)

himmyhimath

HSC
Hey guys I am going into Year 11 this year and currently I am doing
Chemistry
Ext English
Ext Math
Economics
Physics
Accelerated Society and Culture

I want to drop physics because i was not sure which Science I liked and now I have an idea, so I want to switch to a Humanities subject as a back-up.

I am leaning towards Modern History, but I do not want to be swamped with work during this year.
I aim to do 10-12 subjects on top of Society & Culture (acc.) as though I like it, I don't think it will count towards my atar.

Is ancient history too much work?
Should I go for something like business studies, which can help me in economics?

I do not wan't any subject too stressful, though I do not mind a lot to memorise.

Thanks fam

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Business Studies doesn't help to much with economics. I reckon that you should try 14 units out, allowing you to see which subject you hate the most.

carmela300

HSC
It is best to start with a variety and then drop as you see which subjects you enjoy.

Ancient and modern are very content based, and yes, does need lots of memorisation (especially things like evidence and historian quotes which markers know by heart). Lots of content in these two subjects.

So you need to see if you are able to balance subjects like these with the sciences or extension subjects. See and test out which subjects work for you, best of luck.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
I see your doing Ext1 math, does this mean you'll bump it up to 15 units with Ext 2? Assuming your keeping everything. But i'll just say, most of physics will not even be physics, many will be social science/history/assess contribution like questions.

himmyhimath

HSC
I see your doing Ext1 math, does this mean you'll bump it up to 15 units with Ext 2? Assuming your keeping everything. But i'll just say, most of physics will not even be physics, many will be social science/history/assess contribution like questions.
Yeah Ill try bump to Ext2, but I'll have finished HSC for Society and Culture by then. I'm not sure how I'll find Ext1 English, so I may or may not drop it. If I drop it, I'd like to do Modern/Ancient. I prefer Modern but it's a lot of work and I like Ancient too, so I'm not sure as to which one I'll take.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah Ill try bump to Ext2, but I'll have finished HSC for Society and Culture by then. I'm not sure how I'll find Ext1 English, so I may or may not drop it. If I drop it, I'd like to do Modern/Ancient. I prefer Modern but it's a lot of work and I like Ancient too, so I'm not sure as to which one I'll take.
Probably go with Modern.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)