Subject selection - Torn between replacing a subject for drama (1 Viewer)

w_starrthomas

HSC
Hello,

I am in my school's musical, which has made me absolutely love everything about drama.
However, to choose drama, I would need to replace legal studies or biology.
To be completely honest, I am the least excited for biology, so I am thinking of replacing that.
Is this a good idea?
Also how is the workload of hsc drama?

Thanks for any help!

HSC
Just as a note: I don't do biology nor do I do drama HAHA (sorry abt that but I have friends who do)

If you're that passionate about drama, I don't see why not : ) It feels pretty amazing to be doing a subject you love. And you being in your school's musical does show that your passion has got you somewhere, I mean from what I would infer. Just make sure you aren't running entirely on passion/ your love for it, because passion isn't definite unfortunately (personal experience : (

A lot of my friends have ended up dropping biology (and kept legal) because of the heavy (possible boring too) content and perhaps just not liking biology, provided they had enough units to do so. You can always ask the school to keep everything and see how it goes in year 11 since year 11 isn't too serious yet.

Hopefully this somehow helped you ;-;

Last edited:

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I do biology (not legal or drama sorry), and honestly it'll depend if you're actually interested in the content. i kept it because i ended up getting decently nice marks for it and i am much more invested in the y12 content (genetics + diseases). but to get to that point you'd have to trudge through bio's prelim course. the first half (cells and basically stuff like organs in the human body but also other organisms such as insects and plants) is imo pretty easy and actually interesting (not super interesting but interesting enough). if you're interested in the y12 content only, you'll find the first two modules interesting but you may absolutely despise the ecology/evolution part of it as i (and other people in my cohort) did. you might be better off in legal, if you're already leaning heavily towards not doing biology (and frankly, understandable).

i know people who dropped legal, and people who dropped bio, and kept the other. they listed reasons such as content and memorisation (i'm aware they're both content heavy though), or not being confident/performing well in bio's prac tests/science skills or in the case of legal writing essays, etc. honestly, it's up to you, but if you're least excited for bio you should definitely think about replacing that over legal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)