Subject selection? (1 Viewer)

rachaelw3

HSC
Hi guys. I honestly have no idea what subject to drop... Kids in my year are already dropping subjects and it's only week 2. LOLWOTIZLYF?

I'm currently doing:
Eng Adv
Society and Culture
Chem
Bio
Eco
Business

I'm juggling between dropping chem because:
a: i'm not good at chem but i have a genuine interest in it and i want to psyc @ UNSW if i don't get into Intl Studies
b: my rank is in the lower 50%, especially at the rate people are dropping chem

OR

dropping business because:
a: business sucks dick
b: my cohort doing business are a bunch of lazy kids that EXPECT that the hsc is going to be something you can study for at the last minute or just wing it
c: it's all based on common sense (and for the kids who don't really understand eco but still want a business understanding)

so... yeah. i'm just really lost.

THANK YOU! :)

P.S My ATAR goal is 90+ (without bonus points) and my schools rank is roughly in the high 100s

turnthepageoftime

HSC
DROP BUSINESS.

(I did, the feeling of joy is still with me) Like seriously just drop Business like it's a hot potato. If you hate it, you won't do as well. Besides Chem is awesome.

jadiskris

HSC
I would say drop Business Studies.
It's a subject that requires a lot of dedication because there's going to be so much content, and if you're not interested in it you'll find it hard to keep up and stay motivated all the way until HSC. Keep it if you're absolutely confident that you are able to get good marks despite knowing you don't like it.

Having said that you should also try harder at Chemistry. It has a much higher scaling than Business but if you're in the low 50% that's certainly not going to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)