subjects u did which didnt count, did u regret doing it? (1 Viewer)

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
i only did 10 units so every subject was important. lol
Did anyone feel they wasted on a subject which wasnt included in uai calculation?

thommy

HSC
N/A
Deltan said:
i only did 10 units so every subject was important. lol
Did anyone feel they wasted on a subject which wasnt included in uai calculation?
No, I did Maths and don't regret it. It was a great laugh, as I didn't pay attention, and didn't get close to anything of it. For my results, I got 6.5/50, 8/45, 8/120, and 15/80. It looks funny on my result sheet, 5 Band 5's, 1 Band 4 and 1 Band 1. The Band 1 adds a great twist.

HSC
English Advanced was not supposed to be counted, but i suprisingly did well in it with no study whatsoever, disregarding Ext1Eng and Software Design which i studied for.

erm

HSC
thommy said:
No, I did Maths and don't regret it. It was a great laugh, as I didn't pay attention, and didn't get close to anything of it. For my results, I got 6.5/50, 8/45, 8/120, and 15/80. It looks funny on my result sheet, 5 Band 5's, 1 Band 4 and 1 Band 1. The Band 1 adds a great twist.
Why did you have to drag everyone else down?....just because "it was a great laugh"

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
erm said:
Why did you have to drag everyone else down?....just because "it was a great laugh"
Well, if she came last, she wouldn't really have dragged anyone...

and hopefully she did.

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
assumed ext maths wouldnt count, went in there with close to no prep and didnt give a fuck on how we all went. came out thinking we all majorly failed
ended up getting 44, and it did count towards my uai
oops. maybe shoulda tried....

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
yeh i know people who did 3u maths, and for MX1 almost gave up in the middle of the year, failed thetrial, etc, but still managed a 45/50 but counted over subjects like business studies and legalstdudies which they got 93-95 in, so yeh.

i dont regret actually TRYING in SOR I, i managed a 49/50 (still didnt count for UAI), but it was an easy subject if u put a tad of effort in, and If i came out of an exam feeling i bombed it or something, i would feel very reassured that SOR could kick in and save me

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Pwnage101 said:
yeh i know people who did 3u maths, and for MX1 almost gave up in the middle of the year, failed thetrial, etc, but still managed a 45/50 but counted over subjects like business studies and legalstdudies which they got 93-95 in, so yeh.

i dont regret actually TRYING in SOR I, i managed a 49/50 (still didnt count for UAI), but it was an easy subject if u put a tad of effort in, and If i came out of an exam feeling i bombed it or something, i would feel very reassured that SOR could kick in and save me
pwnage101 really owned all his subjects...I am so envious!!! hahha anyway congrats on sor result too, that's really great considering that sor is your weakest subject => 49/50

u-borat

Banned
HSC
o lolol @ me, i didnt do any work for ee2 because i assumed it wouldn't count; got a 42/50 overall mark (45 external), which was worth more than my 46/50 for latext2. zzzz fucking hell.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
pwnage101 really owned all his subjects...I am so envious!!! hahha anyway congrats on sor result too, that's really great considering that sor is your weakest subject => 49/50
no state rankings though :uhoh: lol

nah, i'm sure you will do just fine namu!!

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
Makes you wonder though how you didn quite get 100 UAI, you deserved it mate.

I'd think my ancient might not count depending on how I do in chem or phys. I would be pretty sad if it doesnt count since Im third in the sub atm and consistently get 90+. Then again thats life and the sub is fun (for me anyways) so yeah there would probably be no regrets

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
clintmyster said:

I'd think my ancient might not count depending on how I do in chem or phys. I would be pretty sad if it doesnt count since Im third in the sub atm and consistently get 90+. Then again thats life and the sub is fun (for me anyways) so yeah there would probably be no regrets
If you get 90+ in ancient and still didn't get it counted, doesn't that mean you did really well in other subjects? I would be really happy if that was the case. haha

I mean, I will prob have sor and bio not counting but i don't reckon i will regret because i don't want them counted! lol

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:
If you get 90+ in ancient and still didn't get it counted, doesn't that mean you did really well in other subjects? I would be really happy if that was the case. haha

I mean, I will prob have sor and bio not counting but i don't reckon i will regret because i don't want them counted! lol
well yeah but in a lot of cases like if you get below 95 it scales down heaps...not too sure but then again if i end up picking up band 6's/E4's for the rest il be quite pleased =P

I wish girra offered SOR but they never got enough students for it =[ bio hmms all mai mates score pretty bad but the one tip they give is use ahmad shah idils notes, and they still rank pretty well ie top 10.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
clintmyster said:
well yeah but in a lot of cases like if you get below 95 it scales down heaps...not too sure but then again if i end up picking up band 6's/E4's for the rest il be quite pleased =P

I wish girra offered SOR but they never got enough students for it =[ bio hmms all mai mates score pretty bad but the one tip they give is use ahmad shah idils notes, and they still rank pretty well ie top 10.
Yeah my school is catholic but only offers 1 unit sor. I really wanted to do 2 unit sor that I actually like..damn it. ..

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:
Yeah my school is catholic but only offers 1 unit sor. I really wanted to do 2 unit sor that I actually like..damn it. ..
My old school was catholic and we had an option between three religious subs

1u SOR
2u SOR
and something called religious studies (dont ask me what it is, havent got the faintest clue)

Then again if you had to do 2u SoR wouldn't you have like 14 units?

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
namu in 2009: why the fuck did I do 4u, throwing away a perfect 2 units @__@;;

:D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^Nah, HSC is not all about UAI. It's about doing subjects that you truly love and learn. On top of that, I want to test my potentials - as if I have any.

Actually I reckon I will regret at some point during my hsc.

clintmyster said:
My old school was catholic and we had an option between three religious subs

1u SOR
2u SOR
and something called religious studies (dont ask me what it is, havent got the faintest clue)

Then again if you had to do 2u SoR wouldn't you have like 14 units?
yeah, then I would have dropped something...

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:
^Nah, HSC is not all about UAI. It's about doing subjects that you truly love and learn. On top of that, I want to test my potentials - as if I have any.

Actually I reckon I will regret at some point during my hsc.

yeah, then I would have dropped something...
bye bye to bio then?

You regret no way, this time from now you'l never look back! Theres still another state ranking in you yet! As corny as this sounds, our HSC year really tests us, whether we're ready for the next steps in our lives like UNI. Just depends how you view it, as a challenge or just a formality.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
clintmyster said:

nah, i didnt deserve 100 - no state rankings, and although 99 in MX1 and 97 in MX2 seem high, they are not very uncommon due to the moderating/aligning process

basically the way scaling works is that generally ull need a lower aligned mark in chem/phys than ancient history for them to scale to the same thing

eg (im making these stast up) a 92 in chem might scale to more than a 95 in Ancient, so yeh u never know

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
clintmyster said:
bye bye to bio then?

You regret no way, this time from now you'l never look back! Theres still another state ranking in you yet! As corny as this sounds, our HSC year really tests us, whether we're ready for the next steps in our lives like UNI. Just depends how you view it, as a challenge or just a formality.
if I were to pick up sor ii but i like bio at the moment so I don't mind.

Thanks for the great message.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)