• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Subjects you regret NOT doing (1 Viewer)

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
I wish I'd done ext 1 english, visual arts, PDHPE, and I like history but I'm not sure if I would;ve liked doing it at school.

vwola

HSC
BIO!!!! Dammit wish i did bio. One of the worst decisons ive ever made in me high skool life (if not the worse) was choosing engineering over bio. Stupid engineering screwed up hardcore, freaking teacher didnt even teach - most classes he wasnt even there!!! So had to drop it and now i only have 10units, and fcuking them all up. >.<

Last edited:

jdrockefeller

HSC
The subject lines at my school were shithouse, as on one line there was Modern, Economics, and PD/H/PE. I would've loved to have done them all, but I chose Modern in the end. Love it, but it would've been nice to do those as well.

Regret picking Business Studies, I'm pretty good at it, but it was on the same line as Extension English. I should've picked that, then gone onto Extension 2. My English teacher tried to get me into the Extensions at the end of Year 11, but the head teacher wouldn't allow it.

Man, 4Unit English, Modern, History Extension, PD/H/PE, Economics and Legal Studies would've been an awesome line up and I would've been looking at a very high UAI, compared to what I'll get now...

13 UNITS FTW!!!

shinigamideathg

HSC
Wish I'd done a language of a sort (Japanese or Latin) and Drama instead of IT...

Why did I ever choose IT??!?

Its damn easy but Drama would have been so much more fun...

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
i would definitely not have chosen legal... prob wished i did retail operations

lala2

Banned
HSC
I wish I had done Geography and at least tried Ext 2 English. At least I tried Ext 2 Maths and died, so I had no regrets about it at all, because I dropped, but at least I tried.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
At one stage I regretted not doing drama 'coz it looks so fun- but then I can see that I would suck at it because I'm not that great at acting.

As for another one- I wanted to do TAFE Accounting but our school wouldn't let us do it despite the fact TAFE is directly behind our school >_>

HSC
Italian and Italian extension over History extension and english extension

and also ancient history or biology over business studies

H.S.What?

HSC
Valeroso said:
I would have prefered to have done Modern History over Legal Studies. Damn, WHY did I pick Legal over Modern? Enormous regret NOT doing Modern :p I had to suffer two years learning about the law with some crazy teacher who couldn't even teach, when I could have aced Modern; i.e Something that seems more enjoyable.
lol no one aces modern, its a bitch of a subject, the syllabus is huge, u miss one lesson and ur completely lost cause it moves so fast. I guess it would be better than legal but

cint

HSC
wish i had done 4u eng and art. but i was scared off art forever due to my female teacher that had a thing for me in yr 10.

cint

HSC
im sure she was a nice person..... just she sweated alot ...... and was a bit greasy .... and liked to get me alone to "chat" ..... and liked to tell me that she "thought about me" ...... and when my friends paid me out about her liking me SHE JUST HAPPENED TO BE AROUND THE CORNER AND HEAR EVERYTHING.
THREE TIMES.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
Modern History is a certainty for best subject in the HSC. Its a wide ranging, mind-broadening subject. Learning about how figures have fucked up the world (Hitler, Stalin, Marx, Mussolini) and coherantly learning of the number of times that France has been fucked up the ass in every war; has been an excellent experience. And missing one class does put you behind, but theres always time to catch up. Its not like maths where a formula doesnt make sense because you didnt learn its fundamentals.
Yeah I agree Modern is a great subject. I do also think that there's a bit too much dates and content (especially for WW1 !!) - Modern should be more about the analysis of history rather than the recounting of History.

Too bad we're the last year to go thru the currently used "long" modern syllabus.

Counterfeit

HSC
I asually hate these pointless regret threads... but it seems the more appealing option when compared to studying chem,

I wish i had done EE2, rather than dropping it at the last minute...

I wish i had continued with Japanese (instead of fucking drama) as it scales maginifcently and all my friends who were on the same level as me are getting ATLEAST high 80's raw (drama?? why the fuck did i pick DRAMA?... geez, thats a regret though and through)

I wish I had done a histroy instead of business studies (which i dopped half way through yr 12) ... business WTF was i thinking?

Or i just wish a had KEPT busniness as it was easy, and now i only have 10u

or KEPT EE1, as now i only have 10 units

im sooo uncommited, resulting in me only having 10, poor scaling subjects (art, drama, general maths (i was doing ext1 :S )...excluding chem, but the scaling just isnt going to save me in this peice of shit subject)

I wonder what my year would have been like if i were more commited...

My original subjects - Japanese, EE1, Chem, Business, Adv maths, ext 1 maths
then i was going to drop the ext 1 maths for ext 2 english, oh and art.

But i swapped Jap for drama, i just dropped business, droppped down to general, but i kept the fucking chemistry... WHO does general maths and chemistry?

...wow how superfluous do i wanna be, i dont know when to stop whinging... and repating my self... i will stop. now.

Valeroso

HSC
H.S.What? said:
lol no one aces modern, its a bitch of a subject, the syllabus is huge, u miss one lesson and ur completely lost cause it moves so fast. I guess it would be better than legal but
Hah, that's fine! The Legal Studies syllabus as equally as huge, and with Modern History, I could have done Extension History also! Fuckity fuck fuck! I'll only stop regretting this decision if my UAI is worthy enough of entering a good Uni (or if my Legal Studies mark happens to be a Band 6 or 5). And if that doesn't happen, then I'll forever have a level of hostility against Legal Studies and deter EVERYONE from choosing it.

P

pLuvia

I wish I knew there was German through OHS :( But I'm happy with doing Japanese, but much preferred doing German. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)