Submission of notes (1 Viewer)

Sarah Jane

Hey guys
i was just wondering how long does it take for notes to be posted up onto the website? I've sent in a heap of material for all different subjects but they have not been put up yet and i didnt get any reply..
so just wondering if anyone knew how long it take for notes to be submitted?

thanx

Huy

HSC
N/A
It's prioritised, I believe.

It takes a lot of sifting through, (perhaps some editing) and categorisation.

If they are half yearly exams, trial papers or HSC (2003) exams, or other documents that are considered "important" (and in high demand), then they will be processed before others.

It works on a priority system, yours might not be at the top of the bunch, sorry. (Be aware that university examinations are taking place, and the demands of the "crew" are limited by exam schedules, studying and other commitments).

My two cents.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
It's prioritised, I believe.

It takes a lot of sifting through, (perhaps some editing) and categorisation.

If they are half yearly exams, trial papers or HSC (2003) exams, or other documents that are considered "important" (and in high demand), then they will be processed before others.

It works on a priority system, yours might not be at the top of the bunch, sorry. (Be aware that university examinations are taking place, and the demands of the "crew" are limited by exam schedules, studying and other commitments).

My two cents.
yeah, and they have to spend alot of time, moderating forums like these ones, to cut down on spam. :D

fatmuscle

HSC
it takes a lot of TIME

if i'm bored in Malaysia I'll do it there...

Winston

HSC
well the upload process is quick, but the adding of the notes onto the database is like slow admin work, which the mods and admins do, but some of us just need a break before we get with it.

fatmuscle

HSC
mods need a break?
LOL

uploading of notes isn't that fast...

uploading 500Mb+ on a 56k modem?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jm1234567890
56k modem? do no mods/admin have ADSL
Not everyone has broadband access, or is living in an area with broadband availability.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by LadyMoon
Im not IT expert but, couldnt you just get a router? rather than paying $25 every month (presuming) more for an extra dialup?
Or a switch.

McLake probably has his own reasons for wanting his own connection. Perhaps he doesn't live at home? Or his cable ISP only supports one session (IP) at any given time, and does not allow for cable sharing (I don't see why not, but I know with Telstra, in the past, they charged $11 per node connected to your LAN for the same IP - dodgy...)

Perhaps it is due to the extra cabling required (you wouldn't want to have network cables running up the stairs and having a jungle of cables around the lounge room, and so on). Setting up a LAN would be McLake's best option - and I believe he runs a Mac (which wouldn't necessarily complicate matters, but I'm also perplexed as to why he would be running dialup, when cable access is readily available on another computer, presumably at home). :)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
One word.

Tel$tra :p

I'd rather use dialup than telstra cable :) - in terms of cost.

Unless of course he is with optoss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)