suggest some shit for me to do at uni (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon you'll get at least 95. Don't despair exploitable, I think you are very smart. I think you can get into UWS or newcastle med. However on the slight chance, you don't get into med, I would do a bachelor of med science. I'd do a bachelor of pharmacy/science/physio/opto/biomedicine etc. and then try to transfer. If you fail transferring, then your bachelor degree will probs be more employable.

I know someone with similar school rank/rankings/subjects, they got upper band 5's, high E3's and a few low band 6's and got 96.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
i'll see u in uws ohexploitable, i be too stupid to get into unsw.

Ryan_T90

HSC
so i've always wanted get into the "contribute to humanity using science" thing so i guess medicine was the natural choice but i've recently come to the realisation that it's highly unlikely that i'll get the marks required for undergrad and became super uberly depressed

so my options are:
a) repeat hsc/umat
b) cut wrists and listen to bullet for mai valentinee
c) do med sci and apply for transfer
d) do postgrad
e) another career path

i reckon postgrad would be the best, i'm still gonna apply for undergrad med but in the very likely case where i don't get in, what other uni courses are like sciencey and medicalish but offer good job prospects in the event i cbf going to school for another 4/5 years?
Physiotherapy
Speech Pathology
Podiatry
Occupational Therapy
Pharmacy
Nutritionist / Dietician
Radiography

I want to go into medicine or dentistry, but I won't get the ATAR for it. So those professions I just listed are the options I am looking at, even though I have well over a year to go. However, I actually just want to do straight Health Science at Sydney University and major in something, which is a 3 year degree. After the 3 years, I will apply for Dentistry or Medicine, if I don't get accepted into graduate Med or Dent, then I still have the Health Science degree too back me up to push me into a Masters course for one of the professions I listed.

I will be doing it this way as it is the safer option in my opinion compared to Med. Science. At least if you fail with getting accepted into Medicine, you aren't stuck with Med. Science, a degree that can barely open up the doors for anything. Instead, you have options opened up everywhere, and still have an opportunity to work in a hospital environment.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
oe

if u can get 80+ umat and 99+ atar you should just make it into getting interviews, which you'll then need to destroy

i received an interview (done my hsc in 09) at unsw with 99.3 and 83%ile
with uws, its a bit different, they take your marks for ur first 2 sections and half of ur third section (2:2:1) and if the total of that is > 140 (approximately 140, fluctuates yearly) and u have a decent atar (>98 i think) youll also get an interview
I thought ATAR was only a hurdle at UWS (93.5 GWS / 95.5 normal). Anyone know what the cut-off and UMAT for UNCLE/UNE is?

HSC
Uni Grad
i just did a practice MedEntry Section 1 thingy and got "33/44 - Percentile of 94 (compared to all Medentry students)"

yay confidence boost because Section 1 is my worst section

stampede

doin it tuff
HSC
I thought ATAR was only a hurdle at UWS (93.5 GWS / 95.5 normal). Anyone know what the cut-off and UMAT for UNCLE/UNE is?
fairly sure newcastle wanted umat scores around the 180s 2 years ago, should still be the case

HSC
Uni Grad
iruler, boredofsoemthing went oatley, oatley has a really strong upper cohort (because it has over 300-400 kids per year). The top kids at oatley are really smart, while most others arent. That school gets a 100-150 b6/e4s
ahh I see

My school was similar, still no one got 99.95, dux was like 99.7/99.8. Still the point was depends on externals
hmm that being said, my school doesn't have a very strong upper cohort, but generally on avg it's much higher than Oatley. Still the highest ATAR last year was only 99.10, with two people on 99.00. I guess the externals fucked up heaps of the students at my school

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
"good" degrees:

- Commerce (Actuarial)
- Law
- Engineering (any)
- Economics
- Medicine
- Advanced Science/Maths
- Any mix of the above

^ is about 75% of UNSW so go crazy

twistedrebel

HSC
hmm that being said, my school doesn't have a very strong upper cohort, but generally on avg it's much higher than Oatley. Still the highest ATAR last year was only 99.10, with two people on 99.00. I guess the externals fucked up heaps of the students at my school
eh it will depend year from year but BWB>oatley on average. Oatley just gets some absolute tanks from a wide area, which BWS sorta shares them with schools like Homebush boys, stratfield girls, burwood girls,?

HSC
Don't be negative. Try your hardest no matter what or you'll regret it when you end up with only a few points lower than what you would have needed and then say to yourself "dam if only I continued trying."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)