Suggestions for my essay/handwriting (1 Viewer)

Tim035

HSC
Hey, for my half yearly exam my grade was told to prepare just one self selected text for section 3 (the essay). I ended up getting 83% but still think I need to boost the lengh of my essay. At the moment I'm doing 3 paragraphs on my prescribed text, 2 on the stimulus and 2 on my self selected.

What I'm considering is wether to now include another 2 paragraphs on a second self selected text, or do 3 paragraphs on the stimulus and my first self selected text.
Secondly written ALL over my english exams is appaling handwriting!! I simply can't write neat/fast at the same time and as it is atm would like to be able to write a lot faster and a lot more in my english exams. I know theirs a guy in the other advanced english exam who has gotten permission to type his english exams from the board of studies, how crap does your handwriting have to be to be allowed to type/ is it to late in the year to apply??

Riviet

HSC
N/A
My english teacher said that messy writing is not a problem, as long as you write big, and try to fill up as much of the gap between one line to the next line. Printing with more rounded letters increases the legibility of your handwriting and allows for a less straining read by your marker. Small writing can also annoy your marker and put them in a bad mood, which could affect their decision between a mark of 14 and 15.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
messy writing can be a problem, however, what one person sees as 'messy' might be considered alright by another. as long as it is only 'messy' - as opposed to illegible - you're alright. practice writing fast and you'll get neater. remember that your marker will attempt to read what you've written, but if they can't be sure about what a word is you've written they just ignore it and keep going, so you could potentially be losing marks IF your handwriting is truly that bad.

As to the first part of your question, I'd go for putting more time into selected texts - remember your question could require two texts, so you need to be abke to write on more than one. the key thing to remember is balance, don't spend too much time on one text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)