Summer clerkships 2009/2010 (1 Viewer)

MochiGirl15

HSC
Aww don't worry Mel, some firm still have grad positions. Have you taken a look at Addison Lawyers? Heard they are still open? I read on another forum that there are quite a few grads who worked as policy makers in govt and had the chance to work with top tier law firms in that role, hence moving into those top tier law firms after a year or two.

I don't know when your birthday is Mel but here you go :cake:

Good luck!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Aww don't worry Mel, some firm still have grad positions. Have you taken a look at Addison Lawyers? Heard they are still open? I read on another forum that there are quite a few grads who worked as policy makers in govt and had the chance to work with top tier law firms in that role, hence moving into those top tier law firms after a year or two.

I don't know when your birthday is Mel but here you go :cake:

Good luck!
Aww thanks. Yeah I'm not too concerned about the future, was more looking for full-time work as my current work is casual. The most disapointing thing was the cocktail evening made me like the people and want to work there, and see myself working there...I don't know just adds to the disapointment but its ok, the waiting is over which feels good!

Best of luck all who are still going.

tanubi

HSC
Have offers from Blakes and Clutz, yay! Still waiting on Minters, but think that the fact that it is midday means I probably didn't get an offer there...has anyone else heard from them?

Hope everyone is happy :) and even if the clerkship stuff didn't work out, well, it's definitely not the only way to a law firm...

katti_disco

HSC
Has anyone heard from Slater & Gordon at all, either yes or no?

An email back at least would be nice, I was hoping for at least some constructive criticism if I wasn't successful!

Descendia

HSC
Got the call from Freehills at 830 this morning, and have accepted :)

Now I have to tell the IB I accepted earlier that I'm no longer going to go :S

04er

HSC
Well done to everyone who received offers :) i have been out of the game for a while now - accepted an internship at a big 4 accounting firm (in tax) :D

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
wow. congras guys!

as for my hk clerkship, i got offer from lovells... i probably will reject deacons due to clash (it was a pretty hard decision thou...)

still waiting to hear from simmons, reed smith, bakers and freshfields (really hoping for last two)

lawstudent

HSC
mitsui arent you in third year? (judging by the year you finished hsc) you're already getting clerkship offers? are your marks like crazy as! lol

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
HK's vacation internships operate on different rules to Sydney summer clerkships. they work on a similar basis to Melbourne's vacation internships model.

congratulations to everyone on their offers. :)

Tabris

HSC
COngrats to everyone. I think I am out of the race...but did manage to secure a grad offer.....not entirely outside of law

MichaelJackson2

Moonwalker
HSC
Anyone want to speculate on my chances of getting a clerkship position next year given that I will be doing the Jessup International Law Moot over the upcoming summer holidays?

subdued123

HSC
let me just double check - you want us to tell you if you'll get a summer clerkship purely on the basis that you're going to do Jessup, with no other information?

Please tell me it ain't so.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
to follow on from my friend's post above, i don't believe top tier firms practise international human rights law. :p

kate1986

HSC
I can't decide! Need to work it out soon though! Where are you going jake1986? Does anyone know the difference in pay between top tier and mid-tier for a summer clerk?

hYperTrOphY

HSC
I'm trying to decide between Freehills and Allens. Freehills was my number 1 option throughout the process, but now I can't decide.

tanubi

HSC
So has anyone decided where they're going to clerk?
I think I'm going with Blakes. It was always my favourite firm throughout the process, and good in the areas where I want to work. But it's a tough one. I already work at Clutz as a paralegal, and it's going to be hard to leave!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)