Summer clerkships 2009/2010 (1 Viewer)

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
Wasn't Clutz $800/w?
Not unless I misheard pretty badly? In fact, she originally said $160/w, then someone from the audience corrected her to $860/w.

I could probably ask a few friends if you were desperate to know

rubin

HSC
Not unless I misheard pretty badly? In fact, she originally said $160/w, then someone from the audience corrected her to $860/w.

I could probably ask a few friends if you were desperate to know
I know clutz was 860 last year. I dont know about this year. I think that would be the lowest of the biggest 6.

kate1986

HSC
I know clutz was 860 last year. I dont know about this year. I think that would be the lowest of the biggest 6.
It's $860 inclusive of super. So according to the contract it's $789 once you take super out.

jake1987

HSC
out of curiousity guys,

would you rather be a no-body in a big firm, or someone with a name in a smaller firm?

i had a hard time deciding between deacons and lovells for hk (which most ppl went 'wat is that'), but i felt it's the right choice... =\

goodluck!!!
Mitsui, where did you end up choosing?

If you're planning on staying in HK, I personally would go for lovells =)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Mitsui, where did you end up choosing?

If you're planning on staying in HK, I personally would go for lovells =)
i ended up going with lovells, because i want to do IP law.. the HR of both firms were equally nice and supportive

but i felt i really want to make a name in a smaller firm first.. might have better exposure and stuff

but deacons was nice enough to invite me for june/july

---

now that reminds me, what if u accepted a contract from one firm but later decided to go another for grad? then what?

:)

jake1987

HSC
i ended up going with lovells, because i want to do IP law.. the HR of both firms were equally nice and supportive

but i felt i really want to make a name in a smaller firm first.. might have better exposure and stuff

but deacons was nice enough to invite me for june/july

---

now that reminds me, what if u accepted a contract from one firm but later decided to go another for grad? then what?

:)
Congrats! I'm sure you'll make your mark in either firm =)

As for the grad offer, you can always cancel one you accepted later on during the year.
But you probably don't want to say that you're going to a rival firm =P

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Haha! Thanks for that.

I just need to know if Deacons turned out to be more "me", there is a way out of it. LOL

:) goodluck guys!

subdued123

HSC
i hate to be a troll, but for some reason I want to see this thread get over 600 - just a psychological thing. Only four more posts, can anyone else help me?

Congrats to everyone who got a clerkship - if you didn't, it's not the end of the world.

lawstudent

HSC
whats the most important stage in getting a clerkship,
- resume/cover letter
- first interview
- second interview
- any other stages? =S lol
600 FTW =P

subdued123

HSC
Thank you everyone. You've helped to fulfill a lifelong dream and you have also reaffirmed my faith in humanity.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I know this is digging up an almost dead thread but have an interview with Addisons, does anyone else? After so many rejections and no offers I am so over this, any tips for someon who got a few interviews but no offers?

LA88

HSC
Find out about your interviewer and highlight things on your CV during the interview that they would appreciate. It is generally my experience that people form connections with others that remind them a little bit of themselves. So if you have an interviewer who used to play club rugby, and you barrack for the All Blacks, try and steer the conversation in that direction.

You're often told that interviewers look for people who fit their culture. But what is the culture and how do they decide who fits? Simple. They look for people who remind them of themselves.

Keep these things in mind when you're preparing for the interview and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Tabris

HSC
Just a question, does anyone know whats the progression or attrition rate after finishing the graduate program.....i.e. welcomed into the firm after your graduate rotations?

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
Just a question, does anyone know whats the progression or attrition rate after finishing the graduate program.....i.e. welcomed into the firm after your graduate rotations?
I remember at the Minter Ellison cocktail evening one of the partners mentioned that it was significant - "a few people a year", which would be a moderate slice of the graduates going through their offices.

Still, that's really a competence sort of thing by that point I think.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
What do people mean when they say "do articles"?

LA88

HSC
As far as I understand, 'articles' refers to an 'articled clerkship'. Whether that is the forerunner to the summer clerkship I'm not sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)