Summer clerkships (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Its either totally random, or there is some hidden mathematical equation to finding the best clerks... and only they possess it!

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
= Jennifer = said:
not many usyd people i know are gettting interviews but yet heaps of unsw ones are...
I hear UNSW are preferred in top tiers these days (from what i gleaned by attending firm lunches).
melsc said:
Meh, I went (last year) and the best things were the free nibblies and wine etc...Most of the mooting stuff you'd already know if you had mooted before but it would be good for first timers...Most people used it as a grill the people abt how to get jobs there session
Well, that's because you attended the mooting program. I went to the client interviewing function and it was organised extremely well. Further, the partners / senior associates gave some really specific and helpful advice. It was also a lighter atmosphere and my friend with me, who attended mooting the year before, said the handouts and the BD lawyers present were much more livelier and humorous than what she remembered.

I have mooted several times prior, and was told the mooting function was definitely more rushed and did not cater for the intermediate to expert students. The food wasn't really that great, but i finished uni late, so it was nice on the empty stomach :)

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
What constitutes an A, B or C mark? We go by H1, H2A, H2B, H3 and P here, which is >80, 75-79, 70-74, 65-69, <65. I'm not sure if it's the same brackets or not.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Strawbaby said:
What constitutes an A, B or C mark? We go by H1, H2A, H2B, H3 and P here, which is >80, 75-79, 70-74, 65-69, <65. I'm not sure if it's the same brackets or not.
in UNSW:
HD - 85+
D - 75-84
Cr - 65-74
P - 50-64

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
at first i thought you meant the singular..... :eek: LOL

but yeah, it's ironic. you're never going to be at the beach anyway... :p

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Somebody's trash is another persons treasure Jennifer...!

(I'm wise like that)

Screw doing law though, you guys put yourself through some crap ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)