Summer Holiday Study (1 Viewer)

Soul Searcher

HSC
Howdy y'all, just wondering what you people will study in these upcoming (already arrived) holidays. Your plans, routines etc.

Personally I've chosen to study ahead in Biology and Chemistry...not Blueprint of Life nor Acidic environment, but the Options Modules for those 2 subjects...ie: Communication and Forensic Chemistry. This is because these option modules are situated quite closely to Trials period, and if I have learnt ahead in these topics then I should be able to have more time to study the other 3 mandatory modules. Would be this a good idea?

The Trials also usually has a higher % weighting, higher than the half-yearlies, so some people might prefer to study ahead on the term 2/3ish type of work that needs to be covered.

Rebecca1234

HSC
I have decided i am just going to study a few hours a day, maybe every couple of days, but weekends are off for me. I have written up study notes for each subject so far so now to study all i need to do now is just read over these notes, so yeah, my main specific focus in the holidays will be maths! ....

dukey

HSC
WOW two soul searchers? :S

anyways back on topic..I know theres really point in studying early on in the holidays..for me anyway...shall commence in early january hehe...but first going to party hardcore :D

HSC
Probably a bit of studying each day, alternating between my subjects.
SoulSearcher said:
Umm, maybe just a bit of 4 unit maths stuff, legal, and Cosmology if I get into it :)
When do you find out??

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Good luck :D SS

Me I'll definately do maths sooooooo much stuff to catch up esp cuz our skl hasn't finished prelim.

IceOnFire

HSC
I will study anything, EVERYTHING.

Yeah just need to catch up on my notes, that's all.

P

pLuvia

I just did some MX2, and did lots of chemistry dot points in my holidays, and went overseas :p in my summer holidays. But don't burn yourself out just yet

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
ill probably just make study notes according to the syllabus.
I havnt been making study notes at all for maths 2u, is note making for 2u worthwhile? because i dont see the point in making study notes for maths.
When should people actually "study"/revise their own notes etc? I've been making notes but i havn't had time to look over them at all, would it usually be before the exams that you look over them?

Dark Phoenix

HSC
yoakim said:
ill probably just make study notes according to the syllabus.
I havnt been making study notes at all for maths 2u, is note making for 2u worthwhile? because i dont see the point in making study notes for maths.
When should people actually "study"/revise their own notes etc? I've been making notes but i havn't had time to look over them at all, would it usually be before the exams that you look over them?
just quickly go over your notes before you go to bed. as for maths 2 unit note taking, its not a bad idea if u keep on forgetting some formulaes or certain methods like solving for inequalities or even finding the gradient of a tangent. and even look over your notes when ur on public transport going to school or coming from school. it really works. a friend lives in bondi and he goes all the way to epping for school. and he was dux for the grade. i guess it was becuse of revising for a total of like 2 hours worth travelling.

Agywaggy

HSC
I say that i wil do work, but i know when my holidays come around this friday i won't do anything.... but i do have a few assessments to complete in the holidays so maybe do them early so i can enjoy the rest of my holidays.

Goodluck getting cosmo SS!

Dark Phoenix

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Damn, if only i lived an hour away from my school... compared to my 5 minutes.
LOL yeah i reckon. and also to let ya know this guy got like average 98s in maths extension 1 and extension 2. and even 99% for chemistry for trials. and around 93% for physics. this guy is gonna be like one of those top in the state. so yeah, if u want to do well in school live an hour away from school lol

Wackedupwacko

HSC
x.x i lived an hour away from school but i wont be gettn state rankings this year :( o wait but the fact i have a good chance at 99uai doing no work this year... mayb that pays off :p

bak on topic : do not try and over study in the summer holidays.... its called holidays for a reason. and dont bother studying trial materials, make sure your tests up to the trials are covered first. see what happens is by the time your trial rolls around .. all that stuff from the tests before becomes easier to study for (aka just jogg the memory) same applies for hsc. i found that the actual hsc was less nerve racking to study for than the trials.

so just do some light study and it doesnt even have to be daily. make sure u have plenty of time to do "fun" activities cuz thats what holidays are for.

on a completely rdm note.. WTF is up with sydneys weather >.> its december and we ve had a couple of freezing days =/

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
It's funny your all making all these plans and proclaiming what you will do during these holidays be it assessments\assignments or study when you probably won't do much of it if any.

I know personally for myself the Christmas and new year holidays was the biggest bludge, didn't do all that much. Although when it came down to a week before school started that was when I did tons of assignment work what I would of spread out throughout the holidays :p. The majority of you will probably be like that have all these grand plans but when it comes down to it you continually put it off until its a week until school starts and you have to do it. But then again some people will remain true to their word so more power to you.

As for skipping ahead personally I don't think it is necessary or that much of a good idea - enjoy your holidays. Before you start studying for the trials you have the half yearlies to think of. But on a note for those that are thinking of studying ahead especially the option topics so that you wont be so rushed come trials depending on your teacher they may exclude the option topic from the trial. I know personally that for software we were quite rushed to finish the option topic and it was decided to exclude that from the trial.

My other thoughts on studying ahead is unless you take notes while you do it and stay organise you will most likely forget it. Also the majority of your classmates won't be studying ahead so don't add the extra pressure - unless you are from a top school then maybe.

Anyway enjoy these holidays they shouldn't be stresfull and you shouldn't be doing work the majority of the time. Oh and those with major works try to do some during these holidays it will help.

:D Have a happy and safe holiday. A Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

ballin

Banned
HSC
i will definitely. looking to complete the second topic for all my subjects during the big break.

Beege

HSC
studying in the holidays defeats the whole purpose of a holiday lol unless it's the holidays before the trials and HSC. Plus it's too hot haha

Wackedupwacko

HSC
theres nothing wrong with planning to do something... general theory is that you do less than what you planned but still do something which is better than planning to do nothing and doing nothing. =D minimal work thru the year is all you need =P

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i need to study ahead for some of my subjects.

for which i have incompetent teachers *grrrrr*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)