Summer Holiday Study (1 Viewer)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I used this time last year to:

• Research my history extension project (heaps of reading)
  • Read my English texts (1984, Hamlet, R&G are Dead)
  • Complete a dot point summary for Maintaining a Balance (bio)
  • Summarised Ancient History period (Fall of the Republic)
The main advantage I found by doing this is not that I remembered the content that well...but I did a lot of the hard work that would allow me to study more easily in the future as I already has a set of comprehensive notes.

suchet_i

derka derka
HSC
Soul Searcher said:
Howdy y'all, just wondering what you people will study in these upcoming (already arrived) holidays. Your plans, routines etc.

Personally I've chosen to study ahead in Biology and Chemistry...not Blueprint of Life nor Acidic environment, but the Options Modules for those 2 subjects...ie: Communication and Forensic Chemistry. This is because these option modules are situated quite closely to Trials period, and if I have learnt ahead in these topics then I should be able to have more time to study the other 3 mandatory modules. Would be this a good idea?

The Trials also usually has a higher % weighting, higher than the half-yearlies, so some people might prefer to study ahead on the term 2/3ish type of work that needs to be covered.
for me studying things far ahead doesnt help, so i'd just study the upcoming topics, make some draft notes read through books and relax. if u start studying for trials now then u'll be straining yourself too much. just make sure, many people slack off after the half yearlies, but u shd stay consistent during term 2 of 2007. i lazed out too much time in term 2 and the trails just came on to me with a big surprise

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
If any of you have Art, then these holidays are the perfect opportunity to do as much work on the planning and execution of your body of works.

Make plans and go by a calender of sorts :)

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Robbeh said:
Do my holiday homework ASAP
And I shall sleep ASAP as I wish :D

dr baby beanie said:
I have a pile of books to read (6), thanks to English.
Not as bad for me, but still. Right after we finished our reading/writing task on Tuesday we got bombarded with BNW, King Lear, scripts of Frontline, and this book called "Literary Terms" :mad1:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
LottoX said:
Don't worry, BNW is an enjoyable read.
:O :O :O - I liked Blade Runner actually, but don't think I will watch it again for awhile. I can imagine watching it and getting a book out to start taking notes thinking I have the HSC coming but I do....ah I can enjoy movies again.

On first glace and even after you finish reading the texts you still will probably have little idea as to what the texts are about and how you are going to write an essay on it. However by the end of the module\term and come HSC you should have understood exactly what the text was saying and what it was about etc. King Lear and for that matter Shakespeare is much the same.

Whenever many students here the name Shakespeare they shudder but by the end of the module if you listen and learn your stuff you should be able to understand it...I still remember King Lear quotes.

P

pLuvia

BNW wasn't too bad of a book, one of the only books I enjoyed in high school. Blade Runner however was pretty bad but visual texts were nice to analyse, especially Frontline.

In these holidays start on reading BNW I'm sure you guys will find it quite enjoyable. I never began to read King Lear only when we did in class

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
we do BNW, almost finished it, and we're starting on blade runner this coming week, then holidays!

bmwz4

HSC
i have to finish biology, chem and business notes over the holidays plus read emma and revise all subjects. plus i have 2 assessments this week betta start studying hehe (kill me) no i dno im not as stressed as i was in prelim any1 feel the same way? even though its hsc i dont feel it...oh well

passion89

HSC
In the summer holidays last year (or this year actually), I didn't study my ass off...I saw no point...but I did revise the first few topics of most of my subjects.

I also read ahead in subjects like physics, chem etc and made sure I understood the basic concepts of future topics so that I wouldn't really be stuck when we did them :p

Enjoy your hols!

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
yoakim said:
we do BNW, almost finished it, and we're starting on blade runner this coming week, then holidays!
You guys are already finishing Module A? Wow. Or are you doing that before the AoS?

pLuvia said:
but visual texts were nice to analyse, especially Frontline.
Heh, really? I've always thought that it would actually be the worst for me :p Not too familiar with media, see :p

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
airie said:
You guys are already finishing Module A? Wow. Or are you doing that before the AoS?
I think it is safe to assume they did Module A first as it works out to be doing about a Module a term or so.

SoulSearcher said:
Whatever homework I get, I'm pretty sure it will be done in the last week of holidays, the only exception would be Cosmology, if i get into it.
Worked for me this year doing homework in the last week or so before school started back up so you will be fine. :p

Amy Lou

Academic
HSC
assignments will be done first and then study of the topics we've done and reading for the ones coming up....I'll fit that all in between sleeping.

misslouisey

HSC
i plan to do MATHS:rofl: coz i havent done ANY work this term..NONE!!! so i guess i should do some work=]

and health, pdhpe is like full of stuff i need to know and cant get my head round yet..AGH

xoxo

HSC
i have so much to do!

- 8 novels to read and annotate
- history extension project
- modern history study notes
- 8+ chapters of maths revision/past papers etc
- 2000+ word short story
- LOTS of italian study

i have this plan in my head that i will do all this plus start my study notes etc etc....but i HIGHLY doubt that it will happen
i think im gonna kinda take it easy up until chrissy but then i am aiming to put aside at LEAST an hour each day to do something
ughh just thinking about it makes me wanna scream

merry christmas everyone
xoxo

Beege

HSC
I have a little bit of work to do myself:

* A whole topic in my maths book to complete, lots of questions lol

* Finish off some worksheets for business studies

* Study notes for business for 1 topic i've covered so far. (Already done for journeys in english, maths don't need to cauz I've already got notes on how to do certain things in the topics I've covered so far, we type up notes for software and IPT in class so the content is pretty much summarised plus I have excel study cards for software and IPT.)

* Put my handouts from different subjects into a folder and store them!

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Well this is what I have to do so far during the holidays:

- Read 3 books for Advanced English and Extension English, and annotate another
- Legal assignment and Legal notes
- Maths exercises
- English Paper 1, Section 1, around 3 of them

Not that much, at least for the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)