Summer Holidays Chatter Thread 09-10 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Yeah when i got a 5-day week office job i gained a huge appreciations for weekends and days off.

bio_nut

HSC
When you've been working 5 days in a row, starting 6am till 3pm, trust me, a lazy saturday is anything but boring!

Otherwise, I suggest the pub/city/sydney festival events.
I'd love to have more work, really. Badly need the money, not getting enough shifts.

No one to go with.

bio_nut

HSC
Depends what degree you're doing. Working part time with mine this years looks like it's going to be fun with a 5 day uni week.

lala2

Banned
HSC
^^I was, but only had regular Sat shifts for 9 months which was bad enough on top of a 5 day week at uni. That was the worst period during my degree. After that I basically only filled in for people who were sick or on holidays which obviously was very irregular. In the holidays I worked max 3 days a week and they were every other day so no I hadn't had proper experience with the fulltime working week.

bio_nut

HSC
^^I was, but only had regular Sat shifts for 9 months which was bad enough on top of a 5 day week at uni. That was the worst period during my degree. After that I basically only filled in for people who were sick or on holidays which obviously was very irregular. In the holidays I worked max 3 days a week and they were every other day so no I hadn't had proper experience with the fulltime working week.
I have 5 days a week and will still have to work otherwise I won't be able to afford to go to uni :s

How did you afford to go out or buy clothes and such?

lala2

Banned
HSC
I have 5 days a week and will still have to work otherwise I won't be able to afford to go to uni :s

How did you afford to go out or buy clothes and such?
I didn't. Living at home cut the costs right down and in any case I didn't turn 18 till second year (the end of which I got a job) so going out wasn't even an issue. I dunno how I got by with clothes actually. But when you're seeing the same people 5 days a week wearing the same things becomes so routine it's virtually expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)