Summer School '07 (1 Viewer)

latvia

HSC
N/A
does anyone know why summer school is generally more expensive than winter school?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Probably because its more popular.

Thats the only rationale I can come up with.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
More popular would mean cheaper because they only have to pay one lecturer regardless and bulk booking of facilities etc is cheaper...

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
withoutaface said:
More popular would mean cheaper because they only have to pay one lecturer regardless and bulk booking of facilities etc is cheaper...
Think like the Liberal you are dammit!!

More popular means that you can charge more, and get more money from more people because market demand is higher.

This is our uni we're talking about for goodness sake. They'll take any oppurtunity to make as much money as possible.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I aree with you there Susan...omg the prices are crazy. You know at MQ, my brother did a Law subject during summer school, and it was only like $1500, AND he had to be at uni 12 hours per week.

But at usyd, my arts subject cost $2300 and I'm only going to be there for 6 hrs per week. Where's the logic in that???

(I complain yet I'm still going to summer school lol some could say where's the logic in THAT!)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
ujuphleg said:
Think like the Liberal you are dammit!!

More popular means that you can charge more, and get more money from more people because market demand is higher.

This is our uni we're talking about for goodness sake. They'll take any oppurtunity to make as much money as possible.
Depends. If supply was fixed, yes a higher demand would lead to higher prices, but since supply can be ramped up for a lower cost of production per unit companies can make a greater profit overall while still charging less per item.

It's the same reason Microsoft doesn't produce one prototype Xbox 360 then sell it for $3 million. Even supposing there would be a buyer for said console, they could make a greate profit by producing a million units at $50 profit each.

giddycat88

HSC
N/A
perfectionist said:
Hey, Fee-Help aint hard to get! In my case, just had to drop into summer school office and fill out a form.
Does FEE-HELP pay for the full subject fees, or just a portion of it? I dunno, this booklet I got is confusing the hell out of me. :(

I'm not doing summer school btw, I'm thinking of doing winter school for the core FINC subject.

stickywages

HSC
N/A
giddycat88 said:
Does FEE-HELP pay for the full subject fees, or just a portion of it? I dunno, this booklet I got is confusing the hell out of me. :(

I'm not doing summer school btw, I'm thinking of doing winter school for the core FINC subject.
I'm not sure if Winter School has FEE-HELP..

be sure to apply asap (when winter school enrolments open) because as I observed it fills up (this subject) even faster than summer school does.

giddycat88

HSC
N/A
Is the Summer School office open on fridays?? I really wanna ask if I can use FEE-HELP during Winter School.

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
Summer School Applications

Hey i applied for summer school yesterday and the deadline is today the 15th. I paid and everything and got a reference number although it still says pending in my account thing. Could this mean that my payment didnt go through or did others have the same problem?

stickywages

HSC
N/A
Re: Summer School Applications

I believe you're not the only one with this problem. Maybe your payment and application hasn't went through their system throroughly yet. Might take a few days. Email them and ask them to check your account to see if your application and payment was received by them. (Remember to provide your SID)
Good luck!

PS: are you taking FINC 2011?

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC

ahhh its finally worked! nah im repeating econ1001 Lol

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC

It takes a while to process. I did it at 10am a couple of months ago and it didn't process and say accepted for 3 hours. Usyd are very, very slow.

But I guess u already realised that :p

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC

So...

has anybody started this week?

I start tomorrow. It felt so weird 'getting ready for uni'. I'm up for it though. It's only 2 days a week, so I'll be bludging the other 5!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)