"Sup"? What do they mean by this? (1 Viewer)

dv3

HSC
Okay whenever i go and talk to my mates on msn or the like they always seem to say 'sup dude', 'sup man', 'sup'

Now Im a native fluent english speaker of the language although when they start using these terms Im kind lost for words in that i have no idea on how i should respond...... I would ask them 'phey what does sup mean', but i dont want to go off looking like a loser lol

anyways, what do you guys say when some says to "sup"? Does this mean just a friendly hello? or does it mean "whats up"

Argh....

cassieagill

HSC
it can be considered as both a general hello as well as 'whats up' and you can just answer it in your preferred manner, eg 'the sky' or tell them about your day or say 'sup dude' back and turn the tables or just a general 'hey' will do

Daipire

HSC
Okay whenever i go and talk to my mates on msn or the like they always seem to say 'sup dude', 'sup man', 'sup'

Now Im a native fluent english speaker of the language although when they start using these terms Im kind lost for words in that i have no idea on how i should respond...... I would ask them 'phey what does sup mean', but i dont want to go off looking like a loser lol

anyways, what do you guys say when some says to "sup"? Does this mean just a friendly hello? or does it mean "whats up"

Argh....
............. its "what's up".............*grumbles something about being 'so white'*

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Basically "what's up'. Think of it as an extension of g'day of the modern age

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)