Super Smash Bros (1 Viewer)

seanieg89

HSC
Entered one of the monthly Sydney melee tournaments whilst I was up for Christmas/New Year.

Placed 4th out of around 40, you can check out the top 8 matches here:

http://www.twitch.tv/sydneysmash/b/606442425

I am on at 56:30, 1:21, and 1:30, rocking the ACT tag. (Apart from the 1:21 set where I play vs a fellow Canberran and mate).

This was my first time playing on console in about 3 weeks so was a little rusty.

IcyRain

HSC
Lets keep this thread alive.

What are everyone's favourite games in the series?

What characters do you like to play in that game?

What kind of style do you play in / what are some tricks you like to use?

What characters do you love/hate to fight?

etc etc.
Favourite: Melee. It was one of my first games for my first console I owned, the GameCube. I just loved the replay value in the game and the vast array of characters at the time. The soundtrack is awesome and the graphics are still good over time. Still come back to it every time I play my GameCube.
Characters: Marth & Ness. I think I liked them a lot because I never heard of Fire Emblem or Earthbound/Mother. However I don't main characters and switch up almost every match. I'm not that competitive.
Style: I do prefer to play offensively, but if I'm getting smashed I will switch tactics to more rolling, shielding and my personal favourite, counter attacks.
Love to fight: Slow characters, such as Bowser, Ganon, DK. Since most characters I use are quick such as marth, I can punish them with quick attacks to keep them from attacking.
Hate to fight: Characters with a counter attack. Some people just spam counter attacks online.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Only have SSB on Wii and 3DS and have played on Wii U. I am not much of a competitive player so my favourite has to be Wii U. I only play this in large groups and boy 8-man smash has to be the most thrilling and enjoyable mode - who needs party games when you have SSB?

Lucas: By far my favourite, PK Thunder makes you extremely maneuverable whilst zapping your opposition and PK fire stacking is fun
Bowser: Bulky and powerful, love just kamikaze slamming people and bowser bombing
Wario: Running over my homies whilst loading up my ass ammunition is too fun

Not into competitive SSB and I don't think I play any specially expert people so don't have many tricks. I am an offensive player and probably will end up losing on a last-man-standing basis. Probably anticipation of the opposition's movement is my attacking point e.g. Preparing to attack someone just recovering or using counter, grabbing and chucking people into other attacks

Love: Tank, bulky players
Hate: Counter spammers

photastic

HSC
Did the 1000th comparison with Melee and Brawl, so many characters OP or either crap in between both games. Jigglypuff and Kirby most nerved down, it was like playing four different characters.

Blue Falcon

HSC
Hey guys, I'm new here and I like Smash Bros so I'm posting here.

Only have Brawl and Smash 4 (Wii U) so idk about the other two, but my favourite is definitely Smash 4

Greninja, Mii Brawler, Capt. Falcon, anyone with good mobility I guess (And Bowser, because he's not really slow anymore)

Not that good at smash but I like to go offensive. As for tricks?
Step 1: Get some friends
Step 2: Choose 8 player smash
Step 3: Choose a small stage that's somehow playable in 8 player smash
Step 4: Let the games begin

Love: Non-counter spammers
Hate: Counter spammers/A good Rosalina player

Last edited:

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Did the 1000th comparison with Melee and Brawl, so many characters OP or either crap in between both games. Jigglypuff and Kirby most nerved down, it was like playing four different characters.
who do u reckon is op?

photastic

HSC
From what i played thunder has been nerfed in the new one
Has the game speed slowed down even more. Tried the 3ds version at eb games and it definitely lost its competitiveness.

seanieg89

HSC
Kirby nerfed? Lol Kirby is trash in melee.

seanieg89

HSC
Has the game speed slowed down even more. Tried the 3ds version at eb games and it definitely lost its competitiveness.
It's better than brawl but still pretty snoozetastic, especially to watch.

But for people who are only getting into smash starting with 4, watch:

Did anyone else catch Apex 2015? It was very hype.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I just bought Smash Bros on Wii U but haven't launched it yet. Is there much benefit to syncing my 3DS copy to it if I haven't played much on 3DS? I find it quite awkward to play on the handheld form- yes it's fun, but the controls just feel a bit funny now to me. Maybe I just need more experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)