superficial things turining you off a relationship (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I am wondering, what superficialities would turn you off a relationship with someone? These things are all fairly superficial, and if relationships are all about personality and you truly have a good connection with someone these should be the last thing to turn you off the relationship, but I think they do. (i.e. you like the person a lot, think they are perfect, but find out one of the below. will it turn you off them?) Which apply to you and why? You can add more if you like.

Different religion
Different nationality
Differences in sexual wants
Drinking / drugs / smoking
Piercings (girls ears not included!) / tattoos
Education, including uni / tafe / leave before senior years
Financial status
Weight
Generally not good looking enough / too good looking, including bad skin and good / bad dress sense
Have too many friends of opposite sex
Dating history

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
AsyLum said:
Having a bigger penis than me
post count in this forum because it's supposed to be for discussion!!

lengstar

HSC
pfft as if sexual wants is superficial! if i want it, i want now! and no buts about it! :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
post count in this forum because it's supposed to be for discussion!!
well im serious, if a chic had a bigger penis than me, thats a definite turn off

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i figure that if you really love the person's personality, get along with them well etc. you should be able to go out with them.

but then what if you found the best person but learnt they were a devout <insert religion you hate here>? It would make it difficult to go out with them, even though if they had not been that religion you would have thought you were made for each other.

AsyLum said:
well im serious, if a chic had a bigger penis than me, thats a definite turn off
hm, yeah ok point taken :p

neeja

Marco Polo meows you!
HSC
nothing in that list phases me much

although the religion is a tricky one. if their religion prevents them from dating me...thats their business and only the really strict religions do that so i prolly wouldnt date them anyway because of that...so tough titties to them!

oh and odviously they have to be good looking.

and intelligence is a big thing for me

drugs, dating history, smoking, sexual wants, nationality, and many friends i can look past

hmm...more things on that list phase me than i thought they would...meh

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
how bout mental capacity ? is that superficial, as it might be a reflection of society moreso than their choice, in that case i hate idiots and fucktards. (read: hunniez!!!!)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
AsyLum said:
how bout mental capacity ? is that superficial, as it might be a reflection of society moreso than their choice, in that case i hate idiots and fucktards. (read: hunniez!!!!)
lol yeah but i don't think you yourself would be attracted to them to begin with if they didn't have a mental capacity

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Weight - In general I'm just not attracted extremely underweight or overweight guys thats just how it if for me - so I wouldn't see myself in such a relationship in the first place.
Have too many friends of opposite sex - Simple I can get quite jealous.. I'd rather he have more male friends than female (I think thats reasonable)
Dating history - I'd prefer it if he hasn't slept with half of sydney

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
lol yeah but i don't think you yourself would be attracted to them to begin with if they didn't have a mental capacity
oh but if they were hot, but complete ditzes

berry580

HSC
iambored said:
I am wondering, what superficialities would turn you off a relationship with someone? These things are all fairly superficial, and if relationships are all about personality and you truly have a good connection with someone these should be the last thing to turn you off the relationship, but I think they do. (i.e. you like the person a lot, think they are perfect, but find out one of the below. will it turn you off them?) Which apply to you and why? You can add more if you like.

Different religion
Different nationality
Differences in sexual wants
Drinking / drugs / smoking
Piercings (girls ears not included!)
Education, including uni / tafe / leave before senior years
Financial status
Weight
Generally not good looking enough / too good looking, including bad skin and good / bad dress sense
Have too many friends of opposite sex
Dating history
Different religion- Its not that I'm rascist or anything, but I'm just naturally not attracted as much to non-Asians unless she's expectionally beautiful or cute in my opinion.
Different nationality- Where you come from doesn't concern me at all, but it might have a link to the above factor.
Differences in sexual wants- Preferably not bum sex.
Drinking / drugs / smoking- Definately no drugs, preferably no smoking (and she must eventually quit), drink will be ok unless binge drinking
Piercings (girls ears not included!)- Not too much, preferably only on ears.
Education, including uni / tafe / leave before senior years- Not really a factor, but preferably not too much higher than me. :p
Financial status- As long as you're in not debt and I'll need to work for my whole life to pay for it. :p
Weight- No fat people definately.
Generally not good looking enough / too good looking, including bad skin and good / bad dress sense- If she's bad enough to make me dump her, then I don't why I'll date her in the first place. But generally, my standards ain't too high.
Have too many friends of opposite sex- Depend how they treat each other- (i.e Hug and kiss on the cheek or worse), then it'll probably concern me. But if they only talk, then its ok.
Dating history- Preferably not too much ex's (i.e less than 2-3), and a virgin. But I need to learn to face reality, so the virgin thing is relatively a bonus than a must.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)