superficial things turining you off a relationship (1 Viewer)

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
only things on the list that bother me are:
weight - overweight or underweight is a turn off
and dating history - just would be harder to trust someone who had been with a lot of girls or had a reputation for sleeping around etc.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
whether they have cheated before.
which one do you think is better?

being dumped or being cheated on?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
being dumped is a whole lot less fucked than being cheated on.

dark: pfft i didnt like you either *pokes tongue out* :p

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
I'd much rather be dumped... since it's gonna happen either way, I'd rather it without the cheating :p

As for the first question, I'd say drinking/drugs/smoking would be a big one for me, I hate smoking. Also mental capacity as someone mentioned before, and religion depending on the situation.
And probably dating history too, to a certain extent.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Different religion...doesn't bother me, as long as they don't expect me to conform.

Different nationality...I'd love to marry someone who isn't an Aussie. Preferrably Irish :D

Differences in sexual wants...I draw the line with animals, family members and anything that has to do with my ass.

Drinking / drugs / smoking...I'll drink them under the table! No illegal drugs and smoking I can deal with.

Piercings (girls ears not included!)...whatever floats their boat

Education, including uni / tafe / leave before senior years... I'd like to have at least some intelligent convos with them

Financial status...No debt.

Weight...whatever. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Generally not good looking enough / too good looking, including bad skin and good / bad dress sense...as above

Have too many friends of opposite sex....as long as they don't fawn and flirt blatantly

Dating history...ignorance is bliss

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i love these survey things

Different religion: as long as they respect mine i couldnt really care.. but if they were like orthodox and i had to convert to get married.. no
Different nationality: dont really care about nationality personally.. though my parents would kill me if i went out with a serbian guy
Differences in sexual wants: well if someone just wanted sex from a relationship im not the person for them
Drinking / drugs / smoking: drinking i dont mind.. as long as they arent like always drunk. drugs and smoking are a total turnoff for me
Piercings (girls ears not included!): doesnt phase me
Education, including uni / tafe / leave before senior years: umm if they just left and are just sitting around doing nothing thats a turnoff.. but if they didnt need further education and were doing something productive then good on them
Financial status: same as the others.. not in debt.. i couldnt really support some random stranger living on the street either :|
Weight: ive liked bigger and smaller guys than me.. doesnt really phase me
Generally not good looking enough / too good looking, including bad skin and good / bad dress sense: too good looking is a turn off.. im not quite sure about the skin bit.. like acne or something? that doesnt really worry me either... ive never really met anyone with a bad dress sense but having too many good clothes seems like a bit of a waste (my friends cousin only owns nautica clothes.. imagine all the things he could have bought if he went for other brands)
Have too many friends of opposite sex: as long as they dont flirt with them all in front of me i dont really mind
Dating history: whatever

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Different religion...Doesn't really matter, except if they start trying to convert or lecture me about my non-religious ways

Different nationality...Hm, well I don't draw any lines here, but I've always been attracted to people of european descent, but that may change, it depends on the person.

Differences in sexual wants...Just as long as it's not too outrageous

Drinking / drugs / smoking...Drinking's ok, as long as they're not alchoholic or get smashed every other night. Drunk people are a complete turn off. Preferably no smoking or drugs, please.

Piercings (girls ears not included!)...Yeah whatever

Education, including uni / tafe / leave before senior years...Just as long as they're somewhat intelligent

Financial status...Don't care

Weight...Here is where everyone gets the most superficial. I don't care. But I wouldn't date a person who is overly superficial in this area, because it sickens me.

Generally not good looking enough / too good looking, including bad skin and good / bad dress sense...Well I can honestly say I've dated someone who flunked out in this area, but he was the sweetest guy in the world so I didn't care.

Have too many friends of opposite sex....I get jealous easily but that's my problem, not his

Dating history...As long as they're honest about it.

Last edited:

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Drugs, smoking, and heavy drinking...do those and i will kick anyone, not only girls out of my life any day..

ESPECIALLY SMOKING!!

HSC
Religion: Not an issue as long as they can handle my irreligious self
Nationality: Not an issue
Sexual wants: I don't think I'd be standing in line for S&M or anything... :) Mostly though not an issue, most differences would presumably be able to be dealt with in a serious relationship.
Drinking / drugs / smoking: No smoking or drugs. I don't drink personally, but wouldn't have a problem if my partner did so (moderately at least)
Piercings: Not an issue
Education: As long as they've got goals, that's cool with me
Financial status: As long as they don't mind my situation, I'm happy with anything, I'd be interested in the person, not their bank balance
Weight: It'd depend on the reasons for the weight I guess, although I think if I really liked the person this wouldn't be a problem either, unless it became REALLY excessive
Appearance: As long as they're happy with the way they look, again not an issue I'd rather a partner confident and happy with the way they look than one who was insecure and constantly not being themselves as a result of it
Too many friends of opposite sex: As long as they don't mind my friends of the opposite sex, not an issue
Dating history: Indifferent, unless the previous partners were irrate, and bigger than me, and scary, because I find fear is a big turnoff

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
attitudes...super high levels of arrogance and the like.

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
hey i got a question.. most of my friends r guys... does that bother guys? coz it bothered a guy i went out with a few months back..

sure ive got girl friends.. but my guy friends r more fun to go out with!~

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It wouldnt bother me, unless you started fucking around with one in more ways than one, then id probably cut your throat and fuck the orifice before setting you alight and pissing on your charred carcass.

HSC
Agnes2810 said:
hey i got a question.. most of my friends r guys... does that bother guys? coz it bothered a guy i went out with a few months back..
I guess it depends on the stage you're at in the relationship, and your partner's confidence.

Back when I was a lad my male friends made me a little nervous, especially seeing as I wasn't that confident back then. Personally I saw it as a bit of a risk, but after a while you realise that you're being a moron, are in a perfectly secure relationship, and get over it (Well if you're sensible at least).

It does seem that a lot of people have a problem with it though (Maybe for the same reasons, who knows?), in that they seem to get jealous over it very easily, but in the end that's their problem and not yours.

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
AsyLum said:
It wouldnt bother me, unless you started fucking around with one in more ways than one, then id probably cut your throat and fuck the orifice before setting you alight and pissing on your charred carcass.
thanx. very graphic! :p

nah i would never go out with any of them.. well mayb 1.. but nah weve been f riends since primary skool.. (most of em)

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Back when I was a lad my male friends made me a little nervous, .
arent you a lad any more??? lol

dont you mean "when i was with a lad..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)