Supp Texts - Inner (1 Viewer)

Jube

HSC
These are the ones I plan on using (core text is 'My Place'):

Films: 'Life is Beautiful' or 'Crash' (can't decide, help me out).

Song Lyrics (Because we don't get beaten): 'Kenji' By 'Fort Minor'.

And a novel... It was going to be 'Old Man and The Sea' but I can't think how it relates to my core text.

Ctrl-Alt-Del

<forever>
HSC
I have to do a logbook on three inner journey texts and relate them to 'My Place' by Sally Morgan...

I have the song 'At Seventeen' by Janis Ian, the book 'The Go-Between' by LP Hartley...and I think I'm going to use 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape' as my third text, but tbh I'm unsure what Gilbert's inner journey really is...is it that he comes to the realisation that there is a world outside his hometown, and maybe also it's a journey of self discovery? or discovery of something...

If anyone has any ideas on my 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape' dilemma, they would be greatly appreciated.

cheers, dears

samwise1

Junior Vice President
HSC
Re: INNER JOURNEY movies, songs, poems, books

I have a book and a movie does anyone no of any other texts i could do for inner journeys.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing Advanced English with the prescribed text 'My Place' by Sally Morgan. For my related texts:

- 'Romy and Michele's High School Reunion' (film)
- 'Cat's in the Cradle' (song)

and I'm thinking for my third text either:

- 'Woman to Man' (poem from Yr 11)
- 'Thirteen' (film, did it for Changing Self last year)
- a poem by Oodgeroo Noonuccal my teacher suggested.

Advice? Criticisms? Suggestions?

HSC
Did anyone else do INNER JOURNEYS with Poem booklet as core text?
Poems include: A Righteous Day, Fax X, The One Who Goes Away, The French Prisoner

If anyone else did, any tips?

Cheers

HSC
hey
is that footprints the photo? cos techniques with that are the direction of the footprint path, where its come from, where its going, how you arent following a specific path, how ur footprints can be washed away, all to do with imagery and relating the visual techniques and "placement" of symbolism with the journey of characters in Cosi for example

wats ur other related text?

aminator02

HSC
John Marsden has so many good books about journeys.
he is an amazing author.

check out the short novel "Winter" by john marsden
its only a short novel but it may help

monique199016

HSC
'Rabbit Proof Fence' - Especially if you are studying 'My Place' by Sally Morgan for your prescribed text.

'The Scream' - An oil painting by Edvard Munch.

carolineee

HSC

MystidPurple said:
We have My Place by Sally Morgan as our prescribed text so I went with:
1) Elizabeth Swann out of PotC, Her acceptance of others and her change from the nice lady to a pirate. (Flim)
2) A parable out of the bible (Short Story)
3) Welcome to my Life By Simple Plan (Song)

and then i found footsteps in the sand listed here

Hope that helps
I am doing exactly the same prescribed text. my teacher advised that we pick another Australian Aboriginal journey so people in my class chose to use:
1) Radiance - flim directed by Rachel Perkins
follows the story of three Aboriginal women who go on an "inner journey" to find their true identities by discovering more about their pasts and the truths revealed.
2) Rabbit Proof Fence - film directed by Phillip Noyce
major debate in contemporary Australia over the stolen generation- where Aboriginal children separated from their parents by the State were taken to residential schools. (taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit-Proof_Fence_(film)) more a physical journey but still good

smit0372

HSC

Hitman, homer on the simpsons movie etc

Dektra

HSC
Movies
Spiderman 3
Pretty much every character can be analysed in this one. I suggest Peter Parker because there is lots about him. Harry Osborn is also a good one.

Songs
I Dont Like Mondays

I Dont Like Mondays is a song about Brenda Ann Spencer's shooting of children and staff outside a school in California. Song can be deconstructed to give clues about what caused her to "Flip"

kritikal?

HSC
I'm finding that if you look hard enough, there's an inner journey to find in nearly every movie, that said, I've found a couple of particularly awesome examples;

The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold (NOVEL)

One of my favourite novels, the plot, sub-plots and writing are entwined together seamlessly, making it not only a joy to read, but also a Preliminary Journies Supplement Text goldmine.

The Motorcycle Diaries (FILM)

Even though it isn't in English, this movie had a profound influence on what I chose and how i wrote my critical analysis of Othello, using examples from 3 other supplement texts. What's most fascinating is not what influenced me, but what influenced Ernesto Guevara become Che; but I am a bit of a history buff.
Garcia Gael Bernal isn't too soreon the eyes either ;)

I've found if you use a text that you enjoy, have passion for, and know practically inside out, you can make it work for inner journies. Every writer has a purpose in writing their story, a message to convey, so maybe, if the persona has not experienced a journey of enlightenment, you could talk about how it may have changed the author, or changed you..?
Main thing is to have fun, because I don't get any from Revenge Tragedy :(

HSC
Motorcycle Diaries is good, but EVERYONE does it.
Unless you can write about the basics AND some obscure reference and BS the imagery and all that, it will just be another generic essay along with hundreds of others.

matt loves bron

HSC
fatmuscle said:
Post your suggested supplementary texts for AoS: Inner Journeys here.

Please keep spam to a minimum; it will be deleted.

have u got a speech that needed to be completed also???? Thanks very much if you give me assistance and reply:) only have
post away!
have u gopt any speech thats needed to be completed with your texts also??? thanjs very much if you give me assistance:)

dillbagz

HSC
I'm doing a speech on inner journeys and i choose the movie shrek to do it on does anyone have any links or old speeches to help me out?

HSC

i wouldnt do looking for alibrandi....EVERYBODY (well almost :p) does it. try and chose something more original, there are plenty of good texts out there

kirst21k

HSC

i used an artwork: the outsider by gordon bennett.

good to compare with my place
he's half-caste

Alissia

HSC
does no one here do life is beautiful? i need related material for life is beautiful, would be very helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)