Supplementary Texts - Physical (1 Viewer)

Harry5674

HSC
Hi i was just wondering do u know of any Other related texts that have a similar theme to Witness the movie or any of Bruce Dawes poetry?

pineoclease

HSC
jsut liek 2 say what a f wit skrzynecki and shakespeare are.. thanks boys.. uve made me waste my life

ketarheni

HSC
OK so heres the situation
my trials are 2morro and i only decided today that one of my related texts suck. So i'm gonna do Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie. BUT: Does is it a physical jouney? i was just going to talk about the actually learning to fly instead of the entire text. You know "the jouny is more important than the arrival" and all that cliche the feed us??
i just need reassurence here people?!?!

ketar.

BlackDragon

HSC
ketarheni said:
OK so heres the situation
my trials are 2morro and i only decided today that one of my related texts suck. So i'm gonna do Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie. BUT: Does is it a physical jouney? i was just going to talk about the actually learning to fly instead of the entire text. You know "the jouny is more important than the arrival" and all that cliche the feed us??
i just need reassurence here people?!?!

ketar.
Well, unfortunately I can't give you any. It does not look good. Not to mention the fact that from the date you posted, you have already done your trial. But oh well, screw that. Good Luck With Your Trial!

katie98

HSC
hey, just wondering if anyone has heard of "heart of darkness" by joseph conrad? and whether, it'd be a good supplementary text to use?
thanks
:)

ketarheni

HSC
haha thanks guys!!
Yeah i did alright anyway cuz i didnt get time to put it in. But at least i studied it and have knowledge for it for the actual thing
have fun!
xoxo
ketar

Carolynw

HSC
N/A
Heart of Darkness is a great text, short but dense. Read stuff about it as well as just read it. Physical journey promotes real change in character, lots of techniques towrite about.

rachiebub

HSC
the movie "charlotte grey" directed by gillian armstrong is a great one for physical journeys... and even inner journeys. great movie and has lots of fantastic techniques...

ChaosTheory V2

HSC
Opinions please!
What do you think about these songs for a related text for journey?
Greenday - Time of Your Life
Rascal Flats - Life Is A Highway
John Denver - Leaving on a Jet Plane
I'm planning on just using one of course but are they okay for the whole journey part?

rachiebub

HSC
ChaosTheory V2 said:
Opinions please!
What do you think about these songs for a related text for journey?
Greenday - Time of Your Life
Rascal Flats - Life Is A Highway
John Denver - Leaving on a Jet Plane
I'm planning on just using one of course but are they okay for the whole journey part?

i wouldnt chose time of ur life cause it's not really about someone going somewhere... i think! lol, i looked it up and i think maybe "boulevard of broken dreams" is better choice by green day

ChaosTheory V2

HSC
Thanks!
I asked my teacher for some advice as well and we decided on one.

Beege

HSC
the hard road by hilltop hoods is a good example of a physical journey

i may use it for my supplementary text

SituationNoir

HSC
Researching for a second sup text and I was considering 'Where the Wild Things Are' by Maurice Sendak. I have a vague idea but I'm not 100% sure that it could be used for a Physical journey....any thoughts? Anyone used it? or know someone who has?

jz

HSC
is anyone doing big fish by tim burton? if so, any ideas on techniques?

mallas

HSC
hey guys ive got my english assignment duee soon and i need a supp. text 2 link up with the following texts: immigrants @ centeral station, feliks, the road not taken, the ivory trail (cover)....... the supp text could b a movie, book, poem anything.... any help would b appreciated thanks :)

Dance-live-4eva

HSC
Hey i am all new to this but if there is anyone out there that can help me with some related texts i have two but i need to have three more i have a film (prescribed), novel, and a picture book so maybe a good poem or something..plz help!

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
SituationNoir said:
Researching for a second sup text and I was considering 'Where the Wild Things Are' by Maurice Sendak. I have a vague idea but I'm not 100% sure that it could be used for a Physical journey....any thoughts? Anyone used it? or know someone who has?
i know some people in my grade who chose this but they used it for imaginative .. mainly because the characters are 'pure fantasy'?

however it can still definitely be used for physical (maybe even inner) just focus on the visual techniques (size of the images, positioning, vector lines and so forth)

jz said:
is anyone doing big fish by tim burton? if so, any ideas on techniques?
i did that! it was for imaginative though hmm so i don't think i could be much help. however, are you sure? (don't worry there's no sugar :wave:) because i seriously can only see the imaginative aspects of the film ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)