Supplementary Texts - Physical (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

or the simpson episode when homer has to run the house by himself ..like cause marge goes on a vacation herself
I don't think this one is sufficient enough, markers would not be impressed with this choice, shrek probably would be fine

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Peter Pan or Shrek would be good picks, I don't see the evident journey in that Simpsons episode either.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
vg_woz_here said:
i know this is a stupid question...but what are some mag/newspaper techniques?
i think ur specifically refering to feature articles.

techniques:

-big bold text and catchy title to entice the audience to read it.
-tear-outs: LARGE bold text sandwiched into a paragraph, that is usually catches the audience's attention. something like "I lived with my gay husband for more than 40 years". LOL
-uses colloquial language to appeal to a wide variety of audiences.
-usually quoted people express a very conversational, reflective tone.

mitch_f1

HSC
One of the best magazine texts I have found was in the Weekender magazine in the Sydney Morning Herald on a Saturday. In the center two pages there is an ad for Tasmania, it's like it was almsot made for physical journey's. I'm sure it will be in this weeks one, so look out for it.

Mitch

raikkonen_rulez

HSC
Hi, is anyone doing Hotel California by The Eagles or Lord of The Rings- Return of the King (film) as their supplementary texts??
Would greatly appreciate help/notes. Thanks a lot!

rajsc

HSC
yeh but........ whats the journey in peter pan and shrek?
i rougly know but im not sure exactly
isnt peter pan a imaginative journey?
and also how will it link to the CONCEPTS of immigrant chronicles....
anyawy the simpsons has SELF ACTUALISATION......homer figures out what a no use he is in the house ..cause marge does all the work normally....its actually actualisation .....cause he realises how much marge has to put up with... i cantthink of the word for that anyway.....
so what do u guyz think im in a big dilemma right now!

rajsc

HSC
i have castaway on DVD and that is seriously one of my choices(i want to know what all my sup texts are by the weekend)....we can discuss it if u want..

caffjj

HSC
mitch_f1 said:
One of the best magazine texts I have found was in the Weekender magazine in the Sydney Morning Herald on a Saturday. In the center two pages there is an ad for Tasmania, it's like it was almsot made for physical journey's. I'm sure it will be in this weeks one, so look out for it.

Mitch

i think i know which one ur talking about...
but wots the meaning by "swap speed bumps for goose bumps"??
i dont get the "PUN"?? here.....can someone help plz..??:confused: :confused: :confused:

rajsc

HSC
ok well we can talk about it tomorrow then i gtg its 2 am... i gotta get up at 6..... :S

mitch_f1

HSC
caffjj said:
i think i know which one ur talking about...
but wots the meaning by "swap speed bumps for goose bumps"??
i dont get the "PUN"?? here.....can someone help plz..??:confused: :confused: :confused:
Well I mean that is directly refering to a journey from city life to a more relaxed, exciting, life in TAS. There are also other features that you might want to lokoa t, like colour, layout, words used, and the photos and content of them. I asked our teacher about it the other day, and she was like wow. So yeh, good luck.

mitch

rajsc

HSC
typical last minute antics from me.....
i never learn :(
my portfolio is due in like 2 weeks....
i havent even selected my texts .
i only have a ROUGH IDEA

has any1 heard of the book Against the Tide by Peter Yeldham .. i need info on that...i might do escape from sarajevo
i need 3 texts... im goin to do a 1)cartoon/artwork
2) Movie
3) Novel
They seem like a VARIETY OF TEXTS to me.........hmmmmm
IM FREAKING OUT HERE GUYZZZZZZZZZ
i need help!!!!!! to select these texts...
for my movie/tvshow these are the nominees(lol):
1)The Simpsons- Episode where Homer is alone, marge goes on a holiday to relax..she has too much stress ...homer REALISES how hard marge's job is...(i dont really see the Physical journey...no wait i do..marge goes away - A DRIVE IN THE COUNTRY YAY!)
anyway......
2)Shrek(plz help)
3) Finding Nemo......
4) Castaway......
5)Peter Pan (help on that plz)
So who is the winner?
HELP GUYZ
times running out.......time is a dangerous thing....
anyway i know u guyz are going to ITS UR FAULT ...i kno .. i kno... but still help!

and as for the Cartoon...... i will work that out

laurenemccabe

HSC
would you recommend using 'touching the void' as the movie as a realted text?
and if so does anyone have any notes, i have some but would appreciate more
thanks

ovaniko

HSC
I'm using:

Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy (book)

and LotR: the Return of the King (there's an excellent quote at the end where Frodo asks himself, 'How do you pick up the threads of a former life')

But my question is: Should I use the movie, or the book? I have the extended edition only, and it runs for 4 hours, but at the same time has director and cast commentries which are always useful.

I'm also going to give Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream a go. As for my last two texts, I'm still looking

MultipleCyro

HSC
i have to do a related text analysis and im thinking of doing castaway - as previously mentioned.. i cant get hold of the movie but if anyone has any notes itd be greatly appreciated :)
jazey_07@hotmail.com

thanks guys :)

kemaskemas

HSC
bro someone help me find a related text i need one more .. it cant b a film or a visual text.. wait i need 2 more.. :):):)

mel4dan

with this supplementary text thingy, can we choose anything? i know it has to be related to journeys but ........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)