Surface Pro 3 (1 Viewer)

lightthefuze

HSC
Hi all,

I'm planning on purchasing a Surface Pro 3 for Year 12 and Uni, I'd like to know your thoughts on it and when and where I should purchase one (I have my CAFS IRP [AKA major work] this term and I'm afraid that my current school supplied HP laptop will crash or get buggy).

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I'd always wanted a Surface and with teachers asking students to bring their laptops to school (the school provided ones are absolute crap) for research, opening digital versions of textbooks, etc. I had a good reason to buy one. I bought the Surface 2 and would recommend it to anyone. It's heaps convenient and personally my favourite tablet. If Surface 2 has managed to make me this satisfied then I'm sure Surface 3 would do an even better job.

So yeah I'd definitely recommend it, but if you wanna have a look at the specs in detail yourself go in-store or check out some reviews on youtube

Also make sure that you buy the TYPE keyboard it gives the surface that laptop feel

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd always wanted a Surface and with teachers asking students to bring their laptops to school (the school provided ones are absolute crap) for research, opening digital versions of textbooks, etc. I had a good reason to buy one. I bought the Surface 2 and would recommend it to anyone. It's heaps convenient and personally my favourite tablet. If Surface 2 has managed to make me this satisfied then I'm sure Surface 3 would do an even better job.

So yeah I'd definitely recommend it, but if you wanna have a look at the specs in detail yourself go in-store or check out some reviews on youtube

Also make sure that you buy the TYPE keyboard it gives the surface that laptop feel
Does the pen have much/any lag?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Does the pen have much/any lag?
Don't have and I'm not intending on buying it but from what I've heard it's quite good especially if you're into art and using the drawing apps

It's also one of those pens that will change the thickness of the line drawn based on the pressure applied (pressure sensitive pens) iirc

But if you really want to know what it's like just look up some youtube videos they should have the answer

Last edited:

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
If I do buy a Surface, where should I buy one? JB HiFi or Harvey Norman?
Should be the same price at both stores

But if you're trying to bargain like my dad did (curry parents -_-) then go to Harvey Norman because he's managed to get the Incipio Case for half-price and if you want to buy extended warranty Harvey Norman are cheap in doing so and they also have 60 months interest free if you're going to pay off the surface on a monthly basis (you can get this Harvey Norman credit card where you can pay off the more expensive purchases over time just like a mortgage for a house)

And remember buy the TYPE Cover, it will maximise your surface experience :D

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC

lightthefuze

HSC
Trololol maybe not!

Also, how do you find storing your documents on the Surface? I'm looking to buy a 64GB one and planning to use as much of OneDrive as possible. Is Office already pre-loaded? If not and I have to shell out an extra $100 just for that, then I might as well buy a 128GB MacBook Air

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
That HP flip computer has a pentium cpu.

LOL

Also would not recommend getting a laptop that is smaller than 13 inches. Far too small.

screwuhsc

HSC
surface 3 is so fken awesome using it for year 12 atm and its unbelievable highly recommended

lightthefuze

HSC
downside is its kinda expensive

How many gigs is yours?
And have you tried out the whole OneNote concept with the pen button? If you have, what are your thoughts on it? It seems really convenient during class, especially when you don't want to waste paper or insert a diagram into your notes that can't be done by Word/Pages

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
How many gigs is yours?
And have you tried out the whole OneNote concept with the pen button? If you have, what are your thoughts on it? It seems really convenient during class, especially when you don't want to waste paper or insert a diagram into your notes that can't be done by Word/Pages

If you use one note I'd back it up a lot. As it always seems to get corrupted in my experience...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)