Sydney Recommended tutors? (1 Viewer)

interesting

HSC
N/A
Looking for excellent tutors around NSW, Sydney!
(i need it for Maths Extension 1, Chemistry, Physics and Eng Advanced)

Im a preliminary student & i currently go to Matrix .
It is great and all but i find it abit too overpriced.
I'm thinking of going to Dux College Paramatta but i don't really know if it's good or not so can anyone please review that place.

i live around the Strathfield area so can anyone please recommend any good tutors around the area?
I don't mind 1 on 1 tutors or private tutors as long as it's not as expensive as Matrix.... So if it's private, could you name a few that have a good rating and is recommended?

thanks!

WhiteBeard

HSC
Hello, i to am looking for a tutor college for chem physics and 3unit math. what is the price for matrix ? and does anyone have any reviews for tipps, ngo & sons, talent 100 and Dux
with pricing please

-Kind Regards
Edward Newgate

Bored Of Fail

Banned
HSC
N/A
Hello, i to am looking for a tutor college for chem physics and 3unit math. what is the price for matrix ? and does anyone have any reviews for tipps, ngo & sons, talent 100 and Dux
with pricing please

-Kind Regards
Edward Newgate
what suburb you live in

asymptotic

HSC
Looking for excellent tutors around NSW, Sydney!
(i need it for Maths Extension 1, Chemistry, Physics and Eng Advanced)

Im a preliminary student & i currently go to Matrix .
It is great and all but i find it abit too overpriced.
I'm thinking of going to Dux College Paramatta but i don't really know if it's good or not so can anyone please review that place.

i live around the Strathfield area so can anyone please recommend any good tutors around the area?
I don't mind 1 on 1 tutors or private tutors as long as it's not as expensive as Matrix.... So if it's private, could you name a few that have a good rating and is recommended?

thanks!
i went to dux college for physics chemistry n maths and got a 97+ ATAR ! seeing as i was expecting a sub-90 result, i wholeheartedly recommend these guys.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
with pricing please

-Kind Regards
Edward Newgate
I actually went to Ngo and Sons and found it rather helpful. Also, I'm offering tutoring if you're interested. Just hit me up if you'd like a free lesson (see the link in my signature, or visit http://isplicer.net)

Alkanes

HSC
hmm tipps is not bad pricing is 'ok' i only recommend going for maths only but

ribosome911

HSC
Well, if anyone's ever intersted. I've got the pricing list for Matrix here.
The pricing list is rather long (one whole page) so I'm just gonna quote the prices for year 12 here.

1. Eng Adv: 1.5 hour per lesson, 9 lessons per term, $742.50
2. Eng Std: 1.5 hour per lesson, 9 lessons per term, $742.50
3. Eng ESL: same as above.
4. Ext 1 Eng: same as above.
5. Maths: 3 hours per lesson, 9 lessons per term, $1 188
6. Maths Ext 1: same as Maths.
7. Maths Ext 2: same as Maths.
8. Physics: same as Maths.
9. Chemistry&Biology:same as Maths.

They also offer tuition for yr 7-10 and yr 11 but as far as I can tell you none of the pricing for any grade or any subject is less than $550 per term.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
ribosome911

Does the 3 hours include students doind say 1.5 or so hours set exercise? About how many in a class? Thanks.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I think it's around ~10 people per class from what I've heard from others.

HSC
I went to Dux and still am, Well i went for science and now doing bio and chem and the teacher there is great!P.S The guy topped the state in Senoir Science(Y) and he can teach and explain concepts very well!The prices are $25 an hour, a lesson goes for two hours. The prices are more affordable than matrix and the hw is modelled like HSC questions which i find extremely useful in exams. I'm not too sure about physics, but i think they give a free trial, just check out their website, it has a lot of info on it (e.g smaple hw material.)
I went to Ngo and Sons for a week, it was alright but the environment was too tense and I felt too pressured, but it really depends how you like to study. If you can keep up with an extremely competitive environment, Ngo and Sons is great!It's very affordable i think last time i went it was around 25 for an hour and a half, though I'm not sure if you can get in anymore getting a place in the tutoring company is VERY VERY HARD, esp. in senoir years.
But good luck in your studies!:)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Ngo and Sons have waiting lists that are of epic proportions.

tigertooth

HSC
I went to Dux and still am, Well i went for science and now doing bio and chem and the teacher there is great!P.S The guy topped the state in Senoir Science(Y) and he can teach and explain concepts very well!The prices are $25 an hour, a lesson goes for two hours. The prices are more affordable than matrix and the hw is modelled like HSC questions which i find extremely useful in exams. I'm not too sure about physics, but i think they give a free trial, just check out their website, it has a lot of info on it (e.g smaple hw material.)
I went to Ngo and Sons for a week, it was alright but the environment was too tense and I felt too pressured, but it really depends how you like to study. If you can keep up with an extremely competitive environment, Ngo and Sons is great!It's very affordable i think last time i went it was around 25 for an hour and a half, though I'm not sure if you can get in anymore getting a place in the tutoring company is VERY VERY HARD, esp. in senoir years.
But good luck in your studies!:)
i think i know who you're talkin bout - he's taking some Bio & Chem this year (i only got him for chem) he's a really good tutor

such_such

HSC
Ngo and Sons have waiting lists that are of epic proportions.
Well, for year 8 and below. For year 9 and over, there is no waiting list! If someone leaves,only then can you go. I did the entrance exam and there are like soo much people trying to get in.

Golotripa

HSC
Back in the day I went with TZ Tutoring... they have individual private tutoring where the tutor comes to YOUR house for $50... smashes Matrix, when I tried matrix it was a joke with so many people in the class it was like school LOL

try them out they have a mad site www.tztutoring.org.. also they give free lessons when you buy in bulk :p

viratbond

HSC
Hi,

I'm doing combined law (Meco/Law) at USYD and offer Eng Adv tutoring.
If you want affordable tutoring in English, look no further.

PM me for details, or email me at viratbond@gmail.com

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Please start your own threads to advertise tutoring services you are offering.

This thread is purely for discussing recommended tutors in Sydney.

RANK 1

HSC
Back in the day I went with TZ Tutoring... they have individual private tutoring where the tutor comes to YOUR house for $50... smashes Matrix, when I tried matrix it was a joke with so many people in the class it was like school LOL

try them out they have a mad site www.tztutoring.org.. also they give free lessons when you buy in bulk :p
this guy needs to get banned, been copy and pasting the same shit all over the board

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)