sydney secondary college? (1 Viewer)

raceryt

HSC
is sydney secondary college a good school?
im thinking of applying for year 11 and 12.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
(note: I don't go there, but I live near so I've heard all the info about it)

They offer the widest range of HSC subjects. But your only guaranteed a spot if you were at balmain or leichhardt campuses

Amogh

HSC
N/A
just apply first
decide later

Last edited:

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
Depends on which campus.....my father who works near the Leichardt campus says its pretty rough...but thats my dad, lol so...

But all my friends who have gone to the Leichardt, some the Blackwattle one and the year 11+12 one have said "its okay"...literally, all of them have said it's "alright" or "okay" and then they complain about this thing where they have to "sign out" at the end of each year which is apparently a pain in the ass because you have to get in this huge line, return your books and actually sign that you've finished school for the year or something like that....but yeah, no major complaints. The students I've seen on the bus seem decent, and it doesn't seem to be a school that is like Nazi about the uniforms which is a bonus.

I personally reccomend considering a TAFE for year 11+12, because there is much less bullshit thus more focus is put on the actual education and there are also a great range of resources (self-learning wise) available in the TAFEs I've seen...however, it isn't for everyone.

It really depends what you're looking for.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
*I'd like to add to the above post that all schools have sign-out days once a year, and its not annoying at all if you're organised.

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
They do?? =/

Hmm, I've never seemed to have had one..

santiii

HSC
It is WAY too late for you to apply at Blackwattle for year 11 and I think its a bit late for any school really. There is a giant waiting list for year 11 2010 and those who are coming have been warned many times because they are really lucky to get into the school blah blah blah.

HSC
Uni Grad
is sydney secondary college a good school?
im thinking of applying for year 11 and 12.
Apparently I attend Sydney Secondary College - Blackwattle Bay, so you might just be lucky to get my information :p
Anyhow, from what I think, it is a good school to go to on the fact that they offer the widest range of subjects in the state. It's also good on the basis that it is a senior campus only, and the grade will often consist of more than 350 students.
However it's only ranked around the 100-200 range, which isn't that good, though tbh it's all based on your own self determination.

Also, Blackwattle Bay caters for only up to 13 units, so if you want to do more, then don't consider applying there.

If you're thinking of applying, you better enroll in June or July. I applied in late August as an out of area applicant (I came from Ryde Secondary :L) and managed to make it. You should also try to get a good report too because they do look on that if you're out of area. I had an excellent report and competition history but way out of area, though I still managed to get it :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)