Sydney Technical High School - Entering Year 11 (HELP) (1 Viewer)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Honestly Sydney Tech is the worst fkin high school ever. The male newly appointed deputy Kirk Grinham seeks pleasure from abusing teen boys making them suicidal. They dont care about students and dont want them to do well. They will do anything to maintain a false image; even if it meant damaging families and student's lives. Nobody is happy; even the school counsellor left this yr after hearing what happened to me. It is the biggest regret of my life. Go to any other school then sinking sydney tech-tanic!
I know someone who goes there and apparently he has no friends wtf???

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
I know someone who goes there and apparently he has no friends wtf???
The current welfare advisor at Sydney Tech is really good, he helped me when i was there (he was my year advisor then).
Every school has its politics though.

The former deputy was very good, I heard he retired recently.
English department is always one to watch though at that school.

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
The current welfare advisor at Sydney Tech is really good, he helped me when i was there (he was my year advisor then).
Every school has its politics though.

The former deputy was very good, I heard he retired recently.
English department is always one to watch though at that school.
What was good/bad about the english department?

Werq

HSC
@dan964 Yes I talked to him (current welfare advisor) too (but like on the last few days) alot of staff have helped me but like they dont listen to them... cuz they are not scary enough
Yea it just sucks i liked English and Art... its not really the english department... its just one in particular; the head.. funnily enough she became very nice after I mentioned reporting to depart of edu ... she has history. I actually liked her style and ironically took inspiration from her in terms of confidence in dealing with situations
also my whole yr bought essays and paid for art help except me... not like they cared even when bought up

Last edited:

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
@dan964 Yes I talked to him (current welfare advisor) too (but like on the last few days) alot of staff have helped me but like they dont listen to them... cuz they are not scary enough
Yea it just sucks i liked English and Art... its not really the english department... its just one in particular; the head.. funnily enough she became very nice after I mentioned reporting to depart of edu ... she has history. I actually liked her style and ironically took inspiration from her in terms of confidence in dealing with situations
also my whole yr bought essays and paid for art help except me... not like they cared even when bought up
@Werq

@HT Art is probably as fierce as HT English; at least in terms of teacher power politics/influence.

"also my whole yr bought essays" - I doubt the whole year would have bought essays (unless you are talking Visual Arts), but I suspect people do.

Werq

HSC
No, my head of Art was amazing; but like all my good teachers, they left this year- my most important year. She did so much for me. Even my head of english was ok later on/before in Term 4... like for her she already become super nice considering how she treats others, but her little instigation stirred up everything with the deputy etc... it seems even the deputy and principle are so scared of her...

Uh, yes they do - at least a very big majority ... you should go see the Sydney Morning Herald article (Teachers demand change to combat 'endemic' cheating) which exposes our school and how majority of the Eng staff left.

Lol i also replied to you on the 'selective schools incompetent teachers' thread but whatevers

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
No, my head of Art was amazing; but like all my good teachers, they left this year- my most important year. She did so much for me. Even my head of english was ok later on/before in Term 4... like for her she already become super nice considering how she treats others, but her little instigation stirred up everything with the deputy etc... it seems even the deputy and principle are so scared of her...
Yeah a lot of teachers have left, I've heard. It seems the retiring of key staff especially the former deputy and also from memory the head of Art.
A lot of teachers are at the point of retiring anyway, entire faculties are being replaced. A lot of change I would guess has happened in the past 2 years.

Uh, yes they do - at least a very big majority ... you should go see the Sydney Morning Herald article (Teachers demand change to combat 'endemic' cheating) which exposes our school and how majority of the Eng staff left.
Just be careful on exaggerating and assuming the worst of others (I understand you've have negative experiences at school, I did also, but mainly in the younger years); it is not good to simply paint brush every person in your year;

http://www.smh.com.au/national/educ...-combat-endemic-cheating-20150607-ghiqik.html
and
http://www.smh.com.au/national/education/cheating-endemic-in-nsw-high-schools-20150507-ggw8h9

But that said, I understand and agree with the article that in generality, and of course STHS is included, there is systemic cheating; as well as pressure to go down a selective pathway; and there are particular cultural and economic groups where this seems to be increased pressure.

(I do find it unusual, that no-one in my year did Standard English but thats a separate issue)

Lol i also replied to you on the 'selective schools incompetent teachers' thread but whatevers
Yeah I know, but you have been posting your thing everywhere, you realise. Report it to BOSTES and see what happens. If after that it still lingers and keeps going, then seek legal advice.

Some of your negative experiences are difficult, but are understandable and reasonable, like having to do legal because of timetabling issues is a expected problem in schools.

You will also get incompetent teachers such as your arts teacher etc.

In some of the cases you are mentioned, it is better not to assume malice but simply incompetence, while that is still difficult to process, it should let you think that it is less personal. In the more extreme cases (I think you know the ones),

And people cheat; or people get extra help etc. and that is so unfair. But unfortunately the world is just like that.
The best you can do, is not be like those people.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)