Sydney University Law 2010 Roll Call (1 Viewer)

rx34

HSC
Haha if you give him an impression that you're someone who's 30 years old, like talk in a pompous way, make yourself sound important and OVER-mature, then he won't be such a dick. First time I talked to him on the phone last year he WAS pretty mean, but the last few times he was okay because I actually PREPARED my "speech" before conversing with this guy.

Haha thanks to the SBHS 2009 graduate Aerath for congratulating me! Congratulations to you too!!:) Can't wait to meet everyone!! Quite a few Sydney Boys ppl are in Sydney Law aye? we shall see familiar faces.

Paul

Wow you prepared speeches before talking to him? Man, this guy must be really hard to please. To each his own, I really think it's a bit unreasonable of him to be so rude (he assumed and accused) in phone calls and not reply to emails. He just gave me the impression that I was unwelcomed. Certainly not a nice feeling to start out in law school. Anyway, I am quite a polite and gentle person on the phone but I shan't dwell on the Chris Pile incident anymore.

Grats on the law position :)

musichan

HSC
media and comm! i really wanted to do that but the workload looks like it may just kill me...
good on you :D

ye everyone's been telling me about the workload too. i don't think i have fully comprehended how hard it's going to be yet. but hopefully i'll be ok!

and i know there are other options if i can't manage MECO, like transferring and crap.

mckensara

HSC
ye everyone's been telling me about the workload too. i don't think i have fully comprehended how hard it's going to be yet. but hopefully i'll be ok!

and i know there are other options if i can't manage MECO, like transferring and crap.
i dont mean to discourage you at all, i think MECO looks amazing, just demanding compared to something like arts.

i just decided on the BPESS :)

musichan

HSC
i dont mean to discourage you at all, i think MECO looks amazing, just demanding compared to something like arts.

i just decided on the BPESS :)

haha nah its not discouraging, i'm just glad people pointed it out to me so i can prepare myself! so thank you :) but ye, the course does look pretty great.

im thinking of majoring in political economy (but i'll have to talk to the people tomorrow and make sure its ok, cos some of usyd's web pages are confusing me by telling me different things), what are you planning to do for your second major?

luckylollies

HSC
I'm so confused by all this major info!
Tried to read both the law and eco+business handbook...
as far as I understand,
we don't have to pick anything for law tomorrow as we only start electives in year 4.
However, for the commerce side of the degree... I only have to pick one major ye?
Say I choose finance... is that all I need to say or must i pick sub-topics in this? :S
TIA :)

rx34

HSC
So kids, how was enrolment? Too bad I couldn't go and had to get a proxy.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Bit stressful for me (the Arts bit, not the Law bit). Overall, was awesome. Met some people. :)

mckensara

HSC
haha nah its not discouraging, i'm just glad people pointed it out to me so i can prepare myself! so thank you :) but ye, the course does look pretty great.

im thinking of majoring in political economy (but i'll have to talk to the people tomorrow and make sure its ok, cos some of usyd's web pages are confusing me by telling me different things), what are you planning to do for your second major?
i enrolled for BPESS today, but i think i might change to BIGS... not quite sure! im enrolled in political economy BPESS currently, it looks good!
government and international relations shall be my major (STOKED) and also sociology.
perhaps i should just sit tight

Bit stressful for me (the Arts bit, not the Law bit). Overall, was awesome. Met some people. :)
haha sept for me! i wasnt sure if it was you! :(

rx34

HSC
OMG i am pulling my hair. I have changed my password and I can log in myUni but not the email account. ARGGHHHHH.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
OMG i am pulling my hair. I have changed my password and I can log in myUni but not the email account. ARGGHHHHH.
have you attached @uni.sydney.edu.au or are you trying to log in with only the unikey?

musichan

HSC
i enrolled for BPESS today, but i think i might change to BIGS... not quite sure! im enrolled in political economy BPESS currently, it looks good!
government and international relations shall be my major (STOKED) and also sociology.
perhaps i should just sit tight
sociology looked really interesting and i wanted to do it as one of my units, but i didnt have enough units to do so (i only get to choose one non-major arts unit with meco/law) - i'm majoring in political economy and then doing asian studies. theres so much to choose from and i want to do everything! haha

dont worry - theres still plenty of time to think about changing majors and stuff.

btw, i'm also from the north shore area :)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I'm using just the unikey :(
you need to log in at http://www.outlook.com (NOT the old uni email system, which is still linked to on MyUni but is now defunct) with your full email address - which will be your unikey as well as the domain name, so in the format jsmi1234@uni.sydney.edu.au - and your unikey password.

if that doesn't work, then it's probably just that it takes a while for your changed password to get sent over to Microsoft, since email is now run externally and isn't part of usyd's central IT. give it a day or so to work itself out, then if it still doesn't work you'll probably need to get in touch with the IT department.

rx34

HSC
you need to log in at http://www.outlook.com (NOT the old uni email system, which is still linked to on MyUni but is now defunct) with your full email address - which will be your unikey as well as the domain name, so in the format jsmi1234@uni.sydney.edu.au - and your unikey password.

if that doesn't work, then it's probably just that it takes a while for your changed password to get sent over to Microsoft, since email is now run externally and isn't part of usyd's central IT. give it a day or so to work itself out, then if it still doesn't work you'll probably need to get in touch with the IT department.
I have been using Outlook, but it still doesn't work. I have changed my password about 4 times, so I'll stick to the password I have and pray microsoft fixes it. Thanks :)

04er

HSC
Hi everyone, welcome to Sydney Uni Law! I hear congratulations are in order, the cut-off this year was insane. You're going to love it here, the students are very friendly and laid back. Hope you enjoy the ride! Feel free to PM me anytime =)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Have you tried using the alternative password?
USdate of birth
In the form DDMMYY.

So your password will be USDDMMYY

So if I was born July 1 1991, my password would be US010791

luckylollies

HSC
Just a question...
I heard Usyd Law doesn't give 2nd/3rd round offers... is this true?

rx34

HSC
Just a question...
I heard Usyd Law doesn't give 2nd/3rd round offers... is this true?
The cutoff pdf says there's no vacancies. There might be a few free spots. But honestly, no one in their right mind would give up a USyd law spot unless they are interstate students who got a place in their home state. But I'm hoping one of my best mates would get in 2nd round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)