Sydney University with bad ATAR? (1 Viewer)

nezinamais1

HSC
Hey,
I was talking to my English teacher and she said that even if you get an ATAR of 60, you can still do pretty much any course at a good university if you pay full fees. She said that for example "normal" students pay $10 000 per year, but full-fee paying student would pay $50 000 a year for the same course. Is that true?

siggy

HSC
Not true. Plus even if it was true if you get 60 ATAR you won't cope at university anyway.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Sort of true. HECS can only be a certain % of the university income so they have to look at other avenues to get more money. But as said above you won't be getting into medicine even if your parents are loaded

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If I recall correctly, there's a separate cut-off for full-paying students (from what I've seen, it's usually 5 points under and doesn't apply to all degrees).

HSC
Gina Rinehart got a mystery mark
Really? For some reason i dislike her so much.

Money and the atar are irrelevant
hmmm not necessarily. Money = multiple tutors = High marks.

I admit it seems extremely stupid, however it is an observation i have noted with rich kids lol. This does not apply with all people, just the ones i have noticed haha.

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

I admit it seems extremely stupid, however it is an observation i have noted with rich kids lol. This does not apply with all people, just the ones i have noticed haha.
Not really, she probably dropped out of high school

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Not all rich kids parents pay or are willing to pay for tutors? They'd rather spend it on holidays etc some parents?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)